- Annual bonus of $1000 after 12 months' continuous service, rising by $1000 each subsequent year, capped at $5000 for five or more years or service.
- Six (6) weeks leave per year (plus 17.5% leave loading) accrued on a pro rata basis.
- Salary packaging to increase your take-home pay.
- Flexible rosters to suit work and life balance.
- Access to in-house accredited training program and support to gain formal qualifications.
- Access to 24 hour on-call support and guidance from senior youth workerprofessionals.
- Friendly and supportive workplace
- A minimum six (6) months experience working with children with challenging behaviours, such as verbal and physical aggression, in a residential setting or in care
- Ability to do shift work and in-home sleepovers
- Ability to accommodate roster changes and on call requirements at short notice. We endeavour to complete rosters up to two weeks in advance, though changes may occur due to the nature of the work.
- Ability to participate in team meetings, staff meetings, training and supervision, as required
- Successful completion of relevant history checks and screening processes
- A full Australian Driver's License or ability to obtain one
Essential skills and attributes
- Knowledge of issues facing children in the out-of-home care sector, the impact of childhood abuse and trauma, and crisis management techniques
- Understanding of case management model in the residential care setting
- An understanding of the intensive nature of working with young people and the possible impacts on the employee's family and personal responsibilities
- Ability to work autonomously in an isolated environment, supported by established procedures
- Ability to supervise team members and establish effective team processes and systems
- Computer-literate, including demonstrated ability to independently use key programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel, internet browsers and ability to support youth workers in using these tools
- Ability to complete reports and other business processes via web-based systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including negotiation, networking, and ability to draft shift reports
- Strong organisational and time management skills
The succesful applicant will have:
- Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention or equivalent
- Experience in Case Management and managing teams
- Current Blue Card (Working with Children Check)
- Australian Drivers Licence
- A positive and resilient attitude.
Please feel free to apply directly to this advert or feel free to contact me