ABOUT TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA
Tradewind Australia is a specialist education recruitment agency and is the preferred supplier of teachers and teaching assistants for many schools across the greater Melbourne region. We have a strong reputation of providing high calibre teachers and TA's with flexible and consistent work, whilst also helping them to pursue a rewarding career. Our aim is to cultivate an excellent ongoing relationship with you throughout your growing career.
ABOUT THE ROLE OF A TEACHING ASSISTANT
You will assist the teacher in a variety of schools, expanding your connections and building solid relationships. You will be expected to have exceelent communication skills and be able to use your initiative to help the teacher in full class contexts and also group and 1:1 settings.
- Support students in their work
- Be able to use your initiative to explain concepts in various ways that the student/s can understand
- Assist the teacher to deliver high quality learning experiences
- Help the teacher to maintain a positive learning environment
- Manage behaviours appropriately by following the teachers lead
- Supervise students in the playground (when asked)
- Collaborate positively with the class teacher
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Have 3-6months or more Teaching Assistant experience or be studying towards becoming a teacher
- Be able to adapt to changing work environments
- Hold current WWCC Employer version (or have this in process)
- Provide an up to date resume outlining your education/child related experience
- Be able to provide contact details for two education based referee's from within the last 2 years
- Hold a valid working visa, Australian or NZ Passport
- You control how many days you are available to work
- If you require advanced bookings, we can try cater to this
- Build strong relationships with your local schools which can lead to short and long term contracts
- $195.50 per day plus super
- Will match your preferences and expertise to appropriate schools
- Support through professional development and training with our Principal Mentors
- Dedicated consultants giving you personalized support
HOW TO APPLY
Simply click Apply now and one of our Education Consultants will be in contact with you within shortly! Or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to give us a call 1800 192 195
Alternatively, if you have a friend you think would be suitable for this role, please pass them our details. You could earn yourself a Myer/Coles voucher simply by referring a friend to us!
Opportunities for international teaching work available, if desired!
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER