- Full Time/ Part Time Negotiable
- Working across Lilydale/Belgrave/Yarra Ranges
- Fixed Term Contract to Dec 2022
We are currently recruiting for 2 Peer Support Workers for Inspiro in their Integrated Youth Health Hub.
This is an opportunity to be part of a new and exciting program that has a wraparound approach providing the opportunity for young people to address any concerns they have around their health.
- Engage young people and develop trusting and professional relationships that respect worker/client boundaries
- Provide a supportive access point for potential new young people to explain the benefits of engaging with the IYHH
- Provide coaching support to young people by constructively applying lessons learnt through your own lived experience, in order to motivate, challenge and inspire constructive behaviour change
- Provide services face-to-face (in the clinic and in the community/outreach) and via telehealth
You must have:
- Lived experience of mental ill health and demonstrate current stability in your recovery
- Completion of relevant peer support/peer facilitation training, such as the SHARC Lived Experience Applied (LEAP) training, Cert IV in Peer Work, or similar
- Demonstrated ability in working with young people, particularly within a community development or health promotion framework
You will also have or be willing to obtain a Police Check, a Working with Children's Check, and be able to provide 2 professional referees.
A little bit about the organisation:
Inspiro is a local, non-for profit health service providing allied health, counselling, dental and health promotion services to the Yarra Ranges community working with a vision to inspire healthier lives.
A little bit about the Integrated Youth Health Hub:
The purpose of the IYHH is to provide young people aged 12 to 25 years and families/carers with improved access to primary health care, community and social services, service coordination and integration. Young people who are at-risk, disadvantaged and with complex needs are a priority for service access, specifically ensuring young people with mental ill health are well supported.
The IYHH is underpinned by six key principles:
- Responsive to Need;
- Safe and Inclusive;
- Collaborative and integrated with shared accountability; and
- Evidence informed, quality care.
The hours of work are flexible by agreement. To respond to program requirements (particularly the provision of outreach services) the position holder must have the capacity to work weekday evenings as part of a roster, and on occasional weekends. These responsibilities are to be shared across the team
How to apply:
- Simply click apply now or follow the link provided
- Fill in as much detail as you can on the application form and upload your resume
- Contact the office directly if you have any queries regarding your application however, please allow some time for your application to be processed
- If you would like more information about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 03 9081 0559
Join the Tradewind team and apply now!
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
1800 989 025