As a senior speech pathologist as well as assessing, diagnosing and treating children and adolescents with speech, language, literacy, social skills, voice, and fluency disorders, this role will be responsible for providing mentoring, leadership and support for the junior speech pathologists, and for contributing to the overseeing of the everyday running of the speech pathology department.
- Assess, diagnose and treat speech, language, and communication disorders in children and adolescents.
- Create individualised treatment and therapy plans to suit the needs of clients.
- Monitor clients' progress and adjust treatments accordingly.
- Keeping detailed records relating to clients' conditions and progress through their therapy goals.
- Communicating clients' progress to all involved stake holders, including family members, teachers, other allied health professionals or medical professionals.
- Educating clients and family members about speech and language disorders.
- Develop and oversee the running of individual or group programs in schools to assist students with speech and language disorders.
- Develop and oversee the running of group programs to be run through school term and school holiday periods.
- Present educational talks to schools and preschools and the community at large.
- Create and present social media posts and videos.
- Participate in professional development and knowledge sharing knowledge to team members
- Assist Director with onboarding of new team members.
- Mentoring of new graduate and early career speech pathologists.
- Direct and indirect supervision and feedback of assessment and therapy sessions
- Proof reading of assessment reports.
- Maintenance of all clinical caseloads, including discussions of KPI's and performance statistic with team members
- Assist Office Manager in coordination of therapists' schedules, programs and events.
- Conduct probation reviews and bi-annual performance reviews with speech pathologist team members.
- Be the first point of contact for initial concerns with and amongst team members and keeping management team appraised
- Deal with complaints from clients - shared with Director and Office Manager.
- Run Staff meetings when required.
- Assist Director in recruitment of new team members.
- Knowledge of NDIS regulations and awareness of the processes around these.
- Liaise and network with referral sources, to increase the NSPOT profile as a provider of quality and unique speech pathology services.
- Assist in the development / improvement of Policies and Procedures, when required.
- Facilitate the development / improvement of new programs, when required.
- Assist Director with marketing, when required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience working as a Speech Pathologist
- Speech Pathology Australia membership
- Private indemnity insurance
- Working with Children Check and National Police Check
- Drivers Licence
Knowledge and Skills
- Client centred approach: committed to providing exceptional customer service across all channels and with all stake - holders.
- Communication: the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, varying communication style depending upon the audience
- Attention to detail: excellent attention to detail and written skills when communicating with others, both internally and externally
- Teamwork: willingness to assist and support other team members
- Time management/organisation: accomplish objectives effectively within time frames and perform administrative duties in an efficient and timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills with team leadership qualities
- Professional presence with clients - ability to build rapport with clients and families
- Ability to cope with demanding situations and pressure, and capacity to accommodate the varying level and urgency of the tasks
- Business acumen
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Enthusiastic to further develop abilities
- Initiative and open-mindedness
- Tenacity and honesty
- Strategic and innovative thinking
- Positive approach and adaptable
- Analytical thinking
If you're interested in hearing more about the role contact Lucy on 1800 833 email@example.com