NDIS ECEI Program has offices located in the Inner Eastern Melbourne, Outer Eastern Melbourne, Southern Melbourne and Inner and Outer Gippsland regions. A primary site is allocated, however in order to meet service demands, travel between site offices locations is a requirement. The ECEI Access and Coordination Officer will work in a family centred, transdisciplinary environment. The ECEI Access and Coordination Officer will form part of a specialist team who are the first point of contact for families with children 0-6 with developmental concerns. The ECEI Access and Coordination Officer will support families, carers and the community to understand the ECEI pathway by providing information, support and linkages to families via phone and office appointments.
- Adhere to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) Statement of Requirements (SoR).
- Undertake initial consultation to ascertain immediate needs through an intake and response function
- Adopt a family centred approach to gather information to identify the appropriate pathway for children and their families
- Gather relevant information from families, carers and/or referrers
- Provide information and support families to link into community and mainstream supports
- Apply knowledge and experience in areas of expertise when delivering services/supports to families/children
- Work in partnership with the ECEI Coordinator teams
- Understand and adhere to all legislative and compliance requirements of the ECEI Program
- Utilise evidence based practice in the delivery of services and adhere to relevant best practice guidelines
- Undertake accurate and timely documentation and communication. This includes but is not exclusive to statistical information, reports, responses to inquiries, verbal and written documentation to referrers, participants and others
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Relevant qualifications in allied Health, Early Childhood Education, Childcare or equivalent
- Experience in either disability service delivery, early childhood services or childcare (Minimum 5 years' experience) within a health, education or community setting
- Understanding of complex health and or family situations within the disability sector
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills with the ability to make timely and thought-out decisions
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple activities with minimal supervision required
- Proven ability to work in a flexible, dynamic environment and build effective relationships at all levels both internally and externally.
- Please submit your CV and Cover Letter to Lucy Pegler at email@example.com
- For all queries about the position, please contact Lucy on 0390810564