- Various shift numbers available
- Supportive management team
- Youth residential and mental health residential work
We are currently recruiting for Accommodation Support Workers, based across Melbourne.
You will be responsible for providing structured support to young people or those with mental health issues, by engaging them in a way that promotes their strengths and empowers them. You will support them in day-to-day activities and engage with other support services. You will also be responsible for assisting in the day to day running of the accommodation.
- Provide person-centres support, assessment, and referrals to young people or those with mental illness
- Develop care and safety plans, focused on working towards the clients' goals
- Provide assistance with knowledge about accommodation, family reconciliation, private rental, and social housing if appropriate
- Facilitate access to specialist support services, including health, mental health, AOD, and therapeutic interventions
- Manage crises and critical incidents appropriately
- Deliver programs that foster the client's independence and builds on their strengths and skills
- Maintain accurate files, case notes, and databases
You will have:
- A tertiary qualification in Social Work, Youth Work, Mental Health or related field
- A clear understanding of case management framework, including assessment and intake processes
- Experience working with youth or clients with mental health issues at risk of homelessness, including knowledge of attachment and trauma informed approaches
- An understanding of the homelessness service system
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Availability to work shifts, including weekend and night shifts
- Excellent written and verbal communication, problem solving skills, and negotiation skills
- Victorian drivers licence
- Provide First Aid certificate (First Aid Level 2) and CPR
You will also be willing to undergo police and Working with Children Checks, as well as providing 2 recent managerial references.
Why work with Tradewind?
Tradewind Australia is Melbourne's fastest growing agency recruiting for the Social Services sector. We pride ourselves on the strong and long-standing relationships we have formed with our clients and candidates.
- Your own consultant who will work hard to secure you the right roles for your skill set
- Access to roles offered exclusively through Tradewind
- Flexible hours improving your work/life balance
- No joining fees
How to apply:
- Follow the link provided (or visit our website and click contact us, then apply now)
- Fill in as much detail as you can on the application form and upload your resume
- Contact the office directly if you have any queries regarding your application however, please allow some time for your application to be processed
Join the Tradewind team and apply now!
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
Apply today or alternatively send an up-to-date resume to the team at teamMH@twrecruitment.com.au
If you'd like to have a confidential chat about this, or any of our latest positions feel free to call the team on 03 9081 0559.