Bilingual Community Based Aged Care Support Workers
- Use your Italian, Greek, Arabic, Mandarin, Cantonese, Macedonian, Serbian or Vietnamese language skills
- Temp to Perm opportunities
- Travel time and KMs paid
If you are a dedicated and qualified support worker who is passionate about assisting elderly members in the community, then we are looking for you! We have a great opportunity with a highly reputable and values-driven organisation to use your language skills in Italian, Greek, Arabic, Mandarin, Cantonese, Macedonian, Serbian or Vietnamese.
With opportunities based in the Western and Northern suburbs of Melbourne, our client is seeking support workers who are bilingual and have the skillset and experience to help make a positive impact within the community.
ABOUT THE ROLE
If successful, you will commence as a casual and will be assisting consumers with personal care, domestic assistance, community access, meal preparation, general house cleaning, etc.
This role will consist of travelling between clients' homes who are located within close proximity of each other. You will be required to deliver a friendly and professional high-quality service to each individuals over 65 who are still living in their own home. Our client is looking to fill services between 08:00 and 18:00, Monday to Friday.
HOW TO SUCCEED?
To be successful in these roles you will:
- Hold a Cert. III in Aged Care/Individual Support, or Home and Community Care
- Have a roadworthy and reliable car - with full comprehensive car insurance
- Have a current and valid driver licence
- Have a current CPR, First Aid, and WWCC (employee version)
- Have or be willing to undergo a National Police Check (as well as International Police Check if applicable)
- Have 2 recent and relevant references who are in a team leader or supervisor position
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and a practical down to earth, caring approach
- Be flexible and reliable
- Have the ability to speak a second language such as Italian, Greek, Arabic, Mandarin, Cantonese, Macedonian, Serbian or Vietnamese) to properly and effectively perform in these roles.
- Preferably have a minimum of 12 months paid experience (excluding volunteering or placement work)
Tradewind Australia is Melbourne's leading agency recruiting for the Social Services sector. We pride ourselves on the strong and long-standing relationships we have formed with our clients and candidates.
BENEFITS OF THE ROLE?
- An abundance of hours available depending on performance and ability to build a rapport with your consumers
- Make a real and substantial difference in the lives of clients
- Working with a highly respected, major provider in the community services sector
- Opportunity to transfer to permanent employment with our client
- Excellent hourly rates plus loading pus super
- Joining a friendly and hardworking team dedicated to building your skills and career
HOW TO APPLY
If this role sounds like your ideal opportunity, making a difference in people's lives, using your language and support skills and working with a well-known highly respected organisation, then please simply click Apply Now!
Or if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call us on 1800 989 025 and one of your friendly consultants will be available for a confidential chat.
Alternatively, if you have a friend you think would be suitable for this role, please pass them our details. You could earn yourself a Myer/Coles voucher simply by referring a friend to us! *Conditions Apply
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
1800 989 025