Targeted Care Packages (TCPs) are an initiative of the Department of Health and Human Services in response to the State Governments priority to reduce the number of children/young people residing in residential care. You will provide support and intervention to children and young people who are at risk of entry into residential care or who are transitioning from care, as well as to their carers. You will conduct family reunification and preservation assessments, carer reviews, case plan development and review, monitoring of care placements, and providing case management where appropriate.
- Provide intensive case management services to a small case load of TCP clients
- Liaise with family of origin, carers and others to facilitate changes that support achievement of the child's case plan and the outcomes sought for the child or young person
- Be involved in all functions of assessment and support of carer and birth families
- Maintain records including case notes, reports, plans and statistics within required timelines
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with the DHHS, Child Protection, and other government and community organisations
- Contribute positively to team work and culture
You must have:
- A Diploma in Community Services or equivalent qualification
- Minimum of 2 years' residential experience
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal history and the impact this has had on Aboriginal families - highly desired
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Sound organisational and time management skills
You will also have or be willing to obtain a Police Check, a Working with Children's Check, and be able to provide 2 professional referees.
Why work with Tradewind?
Tradewind Australia is Melbourne's fastest growing agency recruiting for the Social Services sector. We pride ourselves on the strong and long-standing relationships we have formed with our clients and candidates.
- Your own consultant who will work hard to secure you the right roles for your skill set
- Access to roles offered exclusively through Tradewind
- Flexible hours improving your work/life balance
- No joining fees
How to apply:
- Follow the link provided (or visit our website and click contact us, then apply now)
- Fill in as much detail as you can on the application form and upload your resume
- Contact the office directly if you have any queries regarding your application however, please allow some time for your application to be processed
- If you would like more information about the roles, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1800 989 025 and ask to speak to one of our consultants in the Family Services Team
Join the Tradewind team and apply now!
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
1800 989 025