Tradewind Australia is the leading recruitment service in the social and community sectors and we have partnered with Inner Melbourne VET Cluster to appoint a new Chief Executive Officer to be located in South Melbourne.
The Inner Melbourne VET Cluster (IMVC) is a not-for-profit incorporated organisation established in 1998. Throughout its history, the IMVC has been at the forefront of developing best-practice initiatives and models to serve the needs of young people, providing them with endless opportunities to fulfil their potential for economic and social participation.
Their diverse suite of programs provide a holistic approach to develop capabilities to:
- Learn - participate in education and training
- Work - participate in employment, unpaid or voluntary work and
- Engage - connect with people and community
The Chief Executive Officer position is accountable for providing strategic leadership and development in the implementation of the IMVC Strategic Plan. The role requires effectiveness to lead, manage and guide a not-for-profit organisation, including requirement of government bureaucracies and politicians, staff, board, secondary college cluster members, volunteers and project partners.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Strategic Planning
- People Management
- Financial Management
- Program Management
- Partnership Development and Stakeholder Engagement
- Marketing and Publicity
To be considered, the following selection criteria applies:
- Relevant post-graduate qualifications/further training in teaching, careers, education, employment or related field
- Demonstrated high-level capacity to support the IMVC Board to effectively optimize financial, physical and human resources
- Capacity to broker constructive partnerships with a range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated senior management experience preferably within vocational education training or the community sector
- Experience or knowledge of the secondary education system, vocational education, careers provision, tertiary education or work placements
IMVC offer a highly competitive package in a purpose-driven not-for-profit environment with a collective aim to serve the needs of young people.
Apply today with a copy of your resume and cover letter or for a confidential chat, call David Rogers at Tradewind Australia on 03 9081 0566.