- Reputable legal centre in the Eastern suburbs
- Commitment to social justice, human rights and equality
- Supportive multi-disciplinary environment in an integrated practice
Eastern Community Legal Centre (ECLC) has been working with individuals and communities for over 40 years to resolve legal problems, improve laws and legal processes and alleviate socio-economic disadvantage. ECLC's vision is a community that respects and upholds human rights, fairness and justice.
ECLC is a multidisciplinary legal service that works to prevent problems, progress fair outcomes and support the wellbeing and resilience of communities and community members in Melbourne's East. Making the most of its abilities and the resources available, ECLC provides:
- information, advice and assistance across a range of legal and related issues
- advocacy to resolve problems at the earliest opportunity
- referrals to community agency partners
- integrated legal services, including through Health Justice Partnerships
- community development and education programs with a focus on rights, responsibilities and options
- primary prevention activities, using broad partnership approaches
- strategic advocacy to change unfair laws and improve systems and practices
ECLC aims to make legal help available to all those in the community who would otherwise not have access to a lawyer, whilst prioritising services and targeting programs to those who experience acute disadvantage.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The HEAL program builds upon ECLC's successful Enhanced Entry Project (EEP) demonstrating an effective approach through intake, assessment, intervention and support to reduce barriers to accessing legal services and support services.
The HEAL program aims to further develop ECLC's capability and expertise in providing legal and other support services to clients with complex needs through an integrated practice model of service in which a Community Lawyer works together with a Client Advocate to provide advocacy, support, legal advice and legal/case support interventions as part of the HEAL Program.
must have SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- An unrestricted Employee Practising Certificate in Victoria (or eligibility)
- Demonstrated post‐admission experience in a broad range of legal matters, particularly criminal law, civil law and/or the Tenancy Act.
- Minimum of 3 years' post-grad experience
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting the legal needs of people experiencing disadvantage or with complex needs
- Demonstrated experience working within a multi-disciplinary environment
- Ability to maintain a balance between delivering legal services and working within a legal program model with specific objectives
- Demonstrated high-level written and oral communication skills, including the ability to use plain English to explain legal concepts
- Commitment to social justice and equality
- Demonstrated computer literacy and experience in undertaking own administrative duties
- Experience working within the community sector
- Experience working in an integrated practice, Health Justice setting or partnership
You will also be willing to undergo police and Working with Children Checks, as well as providing 2 recent managerial references.
Why work with Tradewind?
Tradewind Australia is Melbourne's fastest growing agency recruiting for the Social Services sector. We pride ourselves on the strong and long-standing relationships we have formed with our clients and candidates.
- Your own consultant who will work hard to secure you the right roles for your skill set
- Access to roles offered exclusively through Tradewind
- Flexible hours improving your work/life balance
- No joining fees
How to apply:
- Follow the link provided (or visit our website and click contact us, then apply now)
- Fill in as much detail as you can on the application form and upload your resume
- Contact the office directly if you have any queries regarding your application however, please allow some time for your application to be processed
Join the Tradewind team and apply now!
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
Apply today or alternatively send an up-to-date resume to the team at teamMH@twrecruitment.com.au
If you'd like to have a confidential chat about this, or any of our latest positions feel free to call the team on 03 9081 0559.