Tradewind Australia is the leading recruitment service in the social and community service sectors supporting organisations in the development and growth of workforces that support disadvantaged communities and those in crisis.
Tradewind Australia is currently working in partnership with Melbourne City Mission, a leader and innovator in the provision of services focussed on supporting people to take charge of their own lives and participate fully in community life.
We are currently recruiting for the Palliative Care Service which was established in 1981 and is the first community-based service in Victoria. The service aims to enhance quality of life by providing specialist interdisciplinary health care and practical support to people living with a terminal condition and their families and carers including the management of complex symptoms, loss grief and bereavement across the norther suburbs.
The position of Coordinator of Allied Care is responsible for the management of the Palliative Care Allied Care unit to meet the service objectives and the needs of the clients and their carers.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage the Allied Care operations
- Deliver a high level of allied care services
- Lead and manage a multi-disciplinary team
- Drive continuous improvement to Allied Care and the Palliative Care service
- Be part of the local leadership team
- Liaise and manage relationships with external service providers and stakeholders
Located in Thornbury and delivering services across Yarra, Darebin, Moreland and Hume, this is a permanent full-time position offered 4 - 5 days per week with flexible working options.
Essential pre-requisites include:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Psychology or a related field
- Demonstrable experience managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Demonstrable experience working with services providing services to complex clients
- Meeting operational and service requirements
A competitive package is offered with the opportunity to impact disadvantaged communities and those in need.
Apply today with a copy of your resume and cover letter or contact David Rogers at Tradewind Australia on 03 9081 0566 for a confidential chat or to request a copy of the position description.