Our client requires an exceptional leader who brings passion for continuous improvement and a relentless pursuit of leadership excellence.
Starting 1 August 2020 as the Executive Principal you will lead, organise and manage this highly regarded K to 12 British/IB international school in the Province of Zhejiang, China. The school is a 90 minute trip from Shanghai.
The Principal key deliverables are aligned with the annual school quality review and the school's strategic plan. You must be an excellent communicator and compelling story-teller, to ensure our new families understand our dynamic educational offer for their children which will in turn drive strong student enrolment.
Key objectives include education quality and outcomes, student well-being, school growth, financial targets, staff development, and resource utilisation.
To be successful in this role you must hold/be able to deliver the following
- A minimum of ten years teaching experience and at least five years as an administrator
- Hold a qualification or licence to work as a Principal and if not, hold significant seniority in international education to take up such a role
- Strong faculty/staff development and management skills: Previous experience mentoring, supervising, and evaluating employees, complemented by the ability to build and maintain positive and productive working relationships.
- Solid track record in identifying, selecting and developing people.
- Previous experience managing diverse levels of skills.
- Previous experience leading a diverse organisation.
- Previous experience leading through other managers (ability to delegate).
- This position requires a steady hand and the ability to effectively deal with complex challenges with demonstrated, consistent intellectual sharpness, agility and capability.
- Able to hold people accountable for their own roles.
- Past experience working with stakeholders in the school, such as students, parents, teachers, external visitors, education supervisors and officials.
Note/ A full job description is available on request.
An attractive and negotiable salary + a 10% end of contract gratuity is to be offered on a contract of two years (renewable on review).
Furnished accommodation, flights, medical insurance, relocation allowance, professional development subsidy and visa costs are included. Tuition is also available for accompanying children.
Contact Michael Smith - email@example.com with an updated CV, covering letter/supporting statement.