Burke and Beyond is a not-for-profit community-based organisation, which operates five services in Melbourne's Eastern and Southern Metropolitan Region. They provide a wide range of activities and opportunities designed to meet the expressed needs of people with an intellectual disability. Their main objective is to enhance our participants' independence and maximise their quality of life. They focus on establishing connections with the local community and businesses with the view of supporting their participants in experiencing and enjoying community life.
They are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated professional to manage and support a small team of Support Workers and work as part of the Leadership Group towards full implementation. This is a great opportunity for an experienced people manager to be part of a growing organisation with an excellent reputation in the regions.
This position is available for an immediate start and is based in Blackburn South. A portion of the position involves participation in programs.
- Certificate or Diploma in Community Service or related field
- Demonstrated experience in developing, leading, managing and supporting a team
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with people with a variety of disabilities and their families/carers
- Strong written and computer skills for the creation of plans, programs, reports, correspondence and other documents
- Demonstrated experience in change management
- Excellent self-management and interpersonal communication skills with an ability to work effectively with a wide range of external and internal stakeholders
- A commitment to participants' rights and ensuring the engagement of participants, their families and their carers in the decision making processes.
- A willingness to incorporate new ideas and initiatives with a pro-active approach to managing problems and seeking creative solutions
- An ability to implement the strategic vision at the service level
- A current full driver's license
- Satisfactory references, three required
- A National police check clearance
- Oversee and assist in the development of Burke and Beyond's Disability Services, ensuring that the programs and individual planning issues are delivered in accordance with the wishes of the participants, the relevant Standards, Human Rights principles, Burke and Beyond's Policies and Procedures, Government Legislation, and the NDIS.
- Work with internal key stakeholders to embed NDIS systems and processes
- Induct, manage, supervise and lead the Service delivery team, ensuring staff members work as a cohesive group and that each individual supports the principles and practice of the organisation.
- Ensure programs, and supports to participants are based on their individual needs and that the plans are aligned with the reporting expectations of the NDIS.
- Coordinate supports for the management of participants with complex care and/or communication issues, through communication and meetings with carers, families and other professionals.
For a confidential chat and to get further details, contact David Rogers at Tradewind Australia on 03 9088 7025.