Tradewind Australia is presently working in partnership with Burke and Beyond, a not for profit organisation in Melbourne's Eastern Metropolitan Region that provides a range of activities and services designed to meet the expressed needs of people with an intellectual disability.
Based in Bayswater, the Next Step Program supports adults aged 18 - 25 providing opportunities for young people to stretch their expectations of themselves as they develop practical and meaningful day-to-day skills through self-directed planning.
Reporting to the Community Services Manager, the Service Coordinator oversees the team and program delivery complying with relevant standards, legislation, policies and procedures associated with Disability service delivery and Burke and Beyond.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversee and assist in the development of Burke and Beyond's Disability Services ensuring that the programs and individual planning issues are delivered in accordance with the wishes of the participants.
- Work with internal key stakeholders to embed NDIS systems and processes
- Induct, manage, supervise and lead the service delivery team, ensuring staff members work as a cohesive group and that each individual su[ports the principles and practice of the organisation
- Ensure programs, and supports to participants are based on their individual needs and that the plans are aligned with reporting expectation of the NDIS
- Ensure the management of activities and rostering through the Client Management system
- Identify opportunities for service development and growth while continuing to be responsive to existing participants
- Coordinate supports for the management of participants with complex care and/or communication issues, through communication and meetings with carers, families and other professionals
- Monitor and assist in the review of current procedures and processes for implementation of service to NDIS participants as the business evolves
- Ensure that Burke and Beyond is involved in appropriate networks across the region
To be considered, you will hold the following pre-requisites:
- Relevant qualifications in Community Service or related
- Demonstrated experience developing, leading, managing and supporting staff
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with people with a variety of disabilities and their families/carers
- Written and computer skills for the creating of plans, programs, reports and other correspondence
- Experience in change management
- A commitment to participants rights ensuring the engagement of participants and their families/carers in the decision-making process
- Experience within disability services
- Knowledge of positive behaviour management strategies (desirable)
This position is paid at SCHADS level 6 with salary packaging, 4 weeks leave and working hours are 830am - 430pm.
For further information including a copy of the position description, contact David Rogers at Tradewind Australia confidentially on 03 9088 7025 or apply today with a copy of your resume and cover letter.