Tradewind Australia is the leading recruitment service for Australia's social and community sectors and we work with organisations to strengthen community support through the search and acquisition of qualified and experienced professionals.
We are presently working with Flat Out, a not for profit outreach based service supporting women and gender diverse people who have experienced incarceration, homelessness, family violence, mental health and alcohol and other drug use.
We are seeking to appoint an Executive Officer who will have a focus on the pillars of organisational growth, the provision of continued stability and a focus on systemic advocacy including involvement in the "Homes Not Prisons" campaign.
As the Executive Officer, you will support a passionate team providing outreach case management alongside working with the Board of Management to execute strategic goals, direction and working groups.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Governance and Management
- People Management
- Systemic Advocacy and stakeholder engagement
- Financial Management
- Risk Management
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Organisational Accountabilities
Pre-requisites for the role include:
- Knowledge and understanding of the drivers of women's incarceration and post-release issues
- Demonstrated commitment and understanding of social justice, abolitionist and feminist principles
- At least four years' experience at senior management or executive level related to women who have been criminalised, homelessness, family violence or AOD
- Demonstrated experience working in an advocacy and/or campaigning capacity for social justice issues
- Capabilities to manage and build diplomatic collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders and other agencies
- Experience in leading and maintaining inclusive, positive and trauma-informed work environments
- Knowledge and experience in organisational governance and capacity to work with a Board of Management
Offered is a highly competitive package including salary packaging benefits and the opportunity to make a difference to the lives of women (and their children) at risk of entering or returning to prison.
Flat Out holds an exemption to employ women only however this exception is applied with discretion and Trans and Gender Diverse people are welcome to apply.
Apply today sending your resume and cover letter to David Rogers at Tradewind Australia - email@example.com or call 03 9081 0566 for a confidential chat.