- Multiple full-time vacancies in various locations across Melbourne
- Ongoing contracts with generous remuneration package
- Be part of a state-wide initiative to support children and families
We are partnered with a leading non-profit organisation in Victoria to find experienced Family Practitioners for an innovative program working closely to improve family dynamics, communication and supportiveness while decreasing intense negativity and dysfunctional patterns of behaviour. You will work with families and children up to 18 years old, in their home, to divert them away from the Child Protection system. You will focus on providing them with a positive experience of receiving support, and will provide interventions that improve the outcomes of the family, particularly the safety and well-being of the children and young people.
- Provide intensive case management and therapeutic interventions, responding to client's needs
- Participate in model program training, supervision and consultation activities
- Establish a working relationships with children and families, demonstrating respect and honest communication
- Provide direct engagement and motivation, and comprehensive family assessments
- Strengthen family connections and promote positive interactions
- Use a range of therapeutic techniques and approaches to engage children and families
You must have:
- A tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology or related behavioural science
- Demonstrated experience in, or knowledge of, family/care giver systems theory, behavioural and cognitive therapies and the application of these in working with young people and families experiencing multiple and complex challenges
- A good understanding of the social context of child abuse and neglect and experience in applying relevant theoretical approaches to deliver outcomes
- Experience in active engagement of vulnerable children, youth and families and delivering a range of interventions to improve their outcomes
- Demonstrated understanding of Best Interests Framework and Child, Youth, and Families Act
- Proven ability to effectively time manage caseload and documentation requirements whilst demonstrating the ability to flexibly manage competing priorities and stressful situations
Successful applicants must also have or be willing to obtain a Police Check, a Working With Children's Check, Drivers Licence, and be able to provide two professional referees.
Why work with Tradewind?
Tradewind Australia is Melbourne's leading agency recruiting for the Social Services sector. We pride ourselves on the strong and long-standing relationships we have formed with our clients and candidates.
- Your own consultant who will work hard to secure you the right roles for your skill set
- Access to roles offered exclusively through Tradewind
- Flexible hours improving your work/life balance
- No joining fees
How to apply:
- Follow the link provided or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill in as much detail as you can on the application form and upload your resume
- Contact the office directly if you have any queries regarding your application however, please allow some time for your application to be processed
- If you would like more information about the roles, please email email@example.com or phone 03 9081 0562 and ask for one of our Family Services Consultants.
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
1800 989 025