- Multiple vacancies available with Full-time and 0.8EFT options
- Ongoing contracts with generous remuneration package
- Be part of a new state-wide initiative to support children and families
We are partnered with a leading non-profit organisation in Victoria to find experienced Case Managers and Practitioners for an innovative new program space supporting the Preservation and Reunification of vulnerable families. You will be responsible for providing high quality outreach case management support to vulnerable families, building capacity of parents and families to create a positive and safe home environment in the best interests of the child.
- Conduct behaviourally specific, interactive and holistic assessments, which includes information of family strengths, problems, needs, values, skills and potential barriers to goal attainment
- Provide targeted short-term intensive support services or long-term transitional support services based on the needs of the children and families
- Work collaboratively with Child Protection, other professionals and families' and broader social networks to ensure a coordinated support package is in place
- Participate in supervision, reflective practice and consultation activities
- Adhere to the specified model's principles and practices, as well as performance monitoring and reporting requirements
You must have:
- A tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, or related discipline
- A minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience working with children and families, and an understanding of the issues affecting families including parenting, mental health, substance use, family domestic violence, and social isolation
- Excellent risk assessment, crisis intervention and case management skills
- A strong understanding of theoretical approaches for working with children, youth and families including motivational interviewing and social inclusion
- Demonstrated understanding of Best Interests Framework and Child, Youth, and Families Act
Successful applicants must also have or be willing to obtain a Police Check, a Working With Children's Check, Drivers Licence, and be able to provide two professional referees.
How to apply:
- To apply, or if you wish to learn more about this role, please email email@example.com or phone 03 9081 0562 and ask to speak to one of our Family Services team.
Join the Tradewind team and apply now!
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
1800 989 025