- Job Security and perks to assist with great work/life balance
- Exciting career opportunities
- Fleet Car for work utilisation
- Enjoy generous leave benefits
Why work with Client Organisation?
Joining our client organisation allows individuals to serve the public and contribute to the welfare of their community through contribution to justice. Embarking on a career with our client means you play a crucial role in maintaining law and order and upholding human rights.
Working with our client will allow for extensive opportunities for personal development and growth. Employees will have access to training programs, skill-building workshops, and opportunities for advancement within the Department.
About the Role:
Recruiting for passionate, driven Clinicians to effectively utilise their skills throughout Correctional Facilities across Victoria within a multi-disciplinary team. Within your role you will play an integral part in the Justice system and assist in maintaining public health and safety. This is a permanent ongoing position.
- Undertake risk assessment, clinically interview offenders and determine appropriate treatment pathways, as required.
- Facilitate/co-facilitate group-based clinical intervention programs for people who offend, as required.
- Prepare treatment plans, treatment reports, and risk assessment reports for internal and external stakeholders, including the Adult Parole Board and Post Sentence Authority, as require
- Complete comprehensive case notes in a timely fashion using the departments information systems.
- Actively contribute to ongoing research and training on the assessment and treatment of relevant offenders.
Skills & Experience:
- General Registration as a Psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA); or
- Eligible for membership of the Australian Association of Social Work (AASW); or
- Credentialed as a Mental Health Nurse with the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses; or
- Registration as an Occupational Therapist with the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia.
- A knowledge and commitment to use of the Cognitive Behavioural Therapy model of therapeutic intervention
- A current Victorian driver's licence is required.
You will also have or be willing to undergo a Working with Children Check and a Police Check.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Critical Thinking and problem solving
- The ability to manage difficult conversations
- Communicate with impact
How to apply:
Email your resume to Niall Hay at Niall.Hay@twrecruitment.com.au
For any queries regarding the position or application process, contact Niall Hay on (03) 9110-0095
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA AND THE ORGANISATIONS WE REPRESENT ARE PROUD TO BE EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYERS.
We welcome applications from people who reflect the diversity of the organisations we partner with, and the people they support. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability and lived experience to apply.
*The Employer considers gender a genuine occupational qualification for this position under Section 27 (2), (c), (e) and (g) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 and so we ask that only female/male applicants apply