Position Purpose Provide individual care for (the individual) each participant, encompassing programs that are designed with their interest, needs and care in mind, working in conjunction with other providers to meet their unique goals
Core objectives include:
* To ensure the delivery of skilled and individualised care to the highest professional standard
* To identify the needs of clients and provide attainable outcomes.
* To liaise with internal and external stakeholders, to maximise positive outcomes.
* To exhibit professional time management and organisational skills
* To actively pursue personal development
The above list is not exhaustive, and the role may change to meet the overall objectives of the company.
* Follow all policies and procedures, and assist in continuous improvement
* Assist clients to enhance safety and independence within their home through home assessments. (Education, retraining, home modification, and demonstration of aids and/or equipment)
* Assessment and treatment of clients with reduced functional use of their upper limb
* Providing detailed reports to various internal and external stakeholders
* Work collaboratively with clients, carers and relevant service providers to establish a therapy program that reflects goals, self-management, independence and quality of life to an attainable level.
* Assist clients in procuring aids, equipment and home modifications through various funding bodies
* Liaising closely with other health professional bodies to achieve outcomes reflective of client's goals
* Maintain and keep up to date appropriate records
* Adhere to privacy policies in reference to collection of client data
* Complete client assessment and report writing for interstate clients
* Fulfil other duties as required by management and other department personnel as requested/required.
* Professional approach.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Organisational and time management skills.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Analytical thinking.
* Business awareness.
* Strategic thinking.
* Positive approach to change.
* Bachelor of Applied Science in Occupational Therapy or the equivalent
* Eligibility for registration through AHPRA
* Working with Children's check (essential)
* Police check (essential)
* Clean driving licence (essential).
* First Aid & CPR qualifications
* At least 3 years' experience
* Desirable experience in community rehabilitation, neuro rehabilitation
Knowledge * Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Skills & competencies
* Customer service focused: committed to providing exceptional customer service across all channels - written, phone and face to face.
* Communication: the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, varying communication style depending upon the audience.
* Attention to detail: excellent attention to detail and written skills when communicating with others, both internally and externally.
* Commerciality: ability to apply knowledge in a practical, commercial manner.
* Teamwork: willingness to assist and support others as required and get on with team members.
* Time management/organisation: accomplish objectives effectively within time frame given and carry out administrative duties within portfolio in an efficient and timely manner.
* Professional approach (essential).
* Confident manner (essential).
* Positive approach to change (essential).