Inspiro is a local, not-for-profit health service providing allied health, counselling, dental and health promotion services to the Yarra Valley community working with a vision to inspire healthier lives.
Inspiro, as the lead of a consortium with Anchor, Cire, Eastern Community Legal Centre and Oonah Belonging Place, have been funded by the Australian Government to implement a case management service known as the Lilydale Youth Hub (LYH).
The purpose of the LYH is to provide young people aged 12 to 25 years and families/carers with improved access to primary health care, community and social services, service coordination and integration. Young people who are at-risk, disadvantaged and with complex needs are a priority for service access, specifically young people with mental ill health are supported.
As a newly created position reporting to the Mental Health Lead, we are seeking a Health Promotion and Events Coordination Officer to develop and implement health promotion activities for the newly created Lilydale Youth Hub with Inspiro in the Yarra Ranges.
Duties and responsibilities of this position will include:
- Develop, implement and evaluate the Health Promotion plan of the Hub
- Strengthen strategic and collaborative relations across the Shire with local service providers and community groups
- Identify and source suitable funding opportunities for health promotion activities
- Manage and co-ordinate programs and projects consistent with the Hub objectives
- Facilitate projects that engage with and encourage participation from the local community
- Engage in service and professional development activities as part of the wider team
- Develop and manage strong stakeholder relationships with a range of community groups
Qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- Qualifications in Health Promotion, Public Health or a related discipline
- Experience developing, implementing and evaluating health promotion programs
- Working in a prevention, engagement and program delivery approach
- Ideally, working with young people in a health promotion and education capacity
- Developing strong stakeholder relationships
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team in an independent role
Inspiro is seeking individuals that have the following character traits:
- Demonstrate a high degree of flexibility and positive 'can-do' attitude
- Thrive in an innovative 'start-up' environment
- Show a high level of initiative and are prepared to 'go the extra mile'
- You embrace complexity, and think strategically
- You demonstrate a high level of personal/professional resilience
- Are highly collaborative in your practice and manner
You will also have or be willing to undergo a Working with Children Check and a Police Check.
Flexibility to work some evenings and occasional weekends is required due to the nature of outreach and engaging with young people across the Yarra Ranges.
An attractive SCHADS based package is being offered for this position.
Tradewind Australia is the exclusive recruitment partner for LYH. Apply today with your resume and cover letter or call David Rogers on 03 9081 0566 for a confidential chat.