- Working in a leading service provider
- Fixed role until early 2020 with an opportunity to transition to permanent
- Supportive management structure
Tradewind is currently recruiting for an experienced House Supervisor based in Melbourne's South-East to monitor and oversee care workers within a small residential home supporting high needs disability clients.
This will be a fast-paced role where you will be ensuring outstanding care is given to participants to enhance their quality of life. Your biggest success in this role will be proving guidance and coaching to a small team direct support staff. You will be supported by management to complete your additional administrative tasks and to facilitate meetings. The house is vibrant and commutable from the Eastern and South-Eastern suburbs.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- The supervision and development of disability support workers
- Acting as an escalation point within the business
- Assisting with the implementation of NDIS plans and individual goals
- Ensuring work within office budgets, KPIs and assessing opportunities to reduce costs
- Provide advice, supervise and offer support on how to solve difficult cases
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong leadership and coaching skills
- Knowledge and understanding of issues related to people with disabilities and the NDIS funding model
- Previous hands-on experience working in a supporting role
- Ability to commence at short notice
- Minimum of Certificate IV in Disability and 12 months' experience in a similar position
- Valid Driver's Licence
- Full rights to work in Australia
You will also be willing to undergo a National Police History check, hold a current Working with Children Check, as well as providing 2 recent managerial references.
Why work with Tradewind?
Tradewind Australia is Melbourne's leading agency recruiting for the Social Services sector. We pride ourselves on the strong and long-standing relationships we have formed with our clients and candidates. With offices in both Geelong and Melbourne, we aim to provide outstanding opportunities for our candidates as well as support from local Consultants.
- Access to roles offered exclusively through Tradewind
- Flexible hours improving your work/life balance
- No joining fees
How To Apply
Simply click Apply Now! Or if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call on 1800 989 025 and one of your friendly consultants will be available for a confidential chat.
Alternatively, if you have a friend you think would be suitable for this role, please pass them our details. You could earn yourself a Myer/Coles voucher simply by referring a friend to us! *Conditions Apply
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.