Housing Group Facilitator - Justice
Our client delivers a range of services to Ravenhall Correctional Centre (RCC) a male prison which has operated since November 2017. RCC is based on the Good Lives Model, which has an ethical basis in human rights, and recognizes that the best way to reduce re-offending is to support and enhance the capabilities and well-being of men in prison.
The purpose of this role of Group Facilitator (Housing Information) is to provide housing information session to sentenced and remanded prisoners. The Housing Information Worker will provide men with relevant and up to date resources and information and individualised support to men leaving prison to assist them in managing current tenancies or to explore housing options post release. In addition, the facilitator will have the flexibility and skills to work across the Ravenhall CC teams.
- Deliver high quality housing information and support services
- Provide individualised housing information and referrals
- Facilitate Group Sessions, ensuring that participants are well engaged
- Undertake reviews of assessments for eligible participants
- Develop and maintain individualised goal plans
- Liaise and work with other programs, community agencies and housing services
- Maintain accurate files, case notes, and databases
You will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Youth Work, Justice or related fields
- Demonstrated understanding of the Victorian housing sector and experience working with clients experiencing or at risk of experiencing homelessness
- Demonstrated understanding of barriers to accessing and/or maintaining current housing faced by justice clients and ability to support clients in this context
- Experience in facilitating group presentations
- Current Employee Working with Children's Check
- Current Victorian Driver Licence
- Willingness to undergo a National Police Check
- Provide two recent managerial references
How to apply:
- Follow the link provided (or visit our website and click contact us, then apply now)
- Fill in as much detail as you can on the application form and upload your resume
- Contact the office directly if you have any queries regarding your application however, please allow some time for your application to be processed
Join the Tradewind team and apply now!
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
1800 989 025