- Full Time or Part Time/Job Share
- Lilydale site
- Fixed Term Contract to Dec 2022
We are currently recruiting for an Intake Coordinator to receive and triage all referrals for Inspiro to their Integrated Youth Health Hub.
This is an opportunity to be part of a new and exciting program that has a wraparound approach providing the opportunity for young people to address any concerns they have around their health.
- Complete timely initial needs & risk identification with clients (over the phone and in person) to determine their needs and appropriate referral pathways, as well as the most appropriate IYHH services and supports.
- Provide comprehensive background and details to the relevant IYHH staff member, or other agency if appropriate and with consent, regarding the young person.
- Maintain appropriate files, records and statistics to facilitate good client care and accountability
- Ensure effective communication with all IYHH staff and external agencies.
- Utilise interpreter services for clients with language barriers and advocate on behalf of people from CALD backgrounds to access the service system.
You must have:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field such as social work, nursing, youth work, psychology, welfare, mental health
- Demonstrated understanding of the role and scope of the intake function in a health or community service
- Proven ability to work and participate in a busy team environment which operates within a framework of established procedures, workplace routines, deadlines and expectations
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft software, the internet and the use of electronic data bases
You will also have or be willing to obtain a Police Check, a Working with Children's Check, and be able to provide 2 professional referees.
A little bit about the organisation:
Inspiro is a local, non-for profit health service providing allied health, counselling, dental and health promotion services to the Yarra Ranges community working with a vision to inspire healthier lives.
A little bit about the Integrated Youth Health Hub:
The purpose of the IYHH is to provide young people aged 12 to 25 years and families/carers with improved access to primary health care, community and social services, service coordination and integration. Young people who are at-risk, disadvantaged and with complex needs are a priority for service access, specifically ensuring young people with mental ill health are well supported.
The IYHH is underpinned by six key principles:
- Responsive to Need;
- Safe and Inclusive;
- Collaborative and integrated with shared accountability; and
- Evidence informed, quality care.
The hours of work are flexible by agreement. To respond to program requirements (particularly the provision of outreach services) the position holder must have the capacity to work weekday evenings as part of a roster, and on occasional weekends. These responsibilities are to be shared across the team
How to apply:
- Simply click apply now or follow the link provided
- Fill in as much detail as you can on the application form and upload your resume
- Contact the office directly if you have any queries regarding your application however, please allow some time for your application to be processed
- If you would like more information about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 03 9081 0559
Join the Tradewind team and apply now!
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
1800 989 025