A prestigious boarding school on Melbourne's Northern fringes offers opportunities for students both onshore and offshore and they offer excellence in education for both day and boarding pupils.
Reporting to the Business Manager and working closely with the Principal, the position of International Student Support Officer is to act as the key liaison between international students, covering both administration and general support. This will include overseeing communications for international parents and assisting with international marketing activities, including working with external agents and Government bodies as required.
The portfolio of responsibilities includes:
Student Support and Liaison:
- Liaise and develop good relationships with international students, their parents, agents and School staff to ensure students are well looking after
- Assess and authenticate international qualifications to determine eligibility for School entry
- Issue letters of offer in compliance with School policies and other governing bodies
- Conduct SSVF assessment in compliance with school policy and Department of Home Affairs
- Under the direction of the Head of Marketing, respond to enquiries and applications from international students, agents and parents in a timely and professional manner
- Assist with the organisation and delivery of international student events on campus
- Participate in student recruit even onshore and offshore as required
Administration and compliance:
- Maintain integrity of international student records with the school's ERP.
- Ensure students have health cover from arrival in Australia until course completion
- Assisting in processing and allocating payments for tuition fees, OSHC, scholarships and accommodation.
- Undertake other duties as directed by the Business Manager and / or Principal
Qualities and capabilities:
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Language proficiency in a language other than English (ideally Mandarin or Vietnamese)
- Experience as a student support officer, ideally with exposure to secondary or tertiary education in Australia
- Knowledge of the legislative and compliance environment for international education in Australia and Victoria, in particular CRICOS regulations.
- Ability to provide advice and guidance to students, parents and potential students about admission requirements, international student visas and related matters
This is a campus-based position in close proximity to Melbourne's Northern Suburbs.
For further details or a confidential chat, contact David Rogers at Tradewind Australia on 03 9081 0566 or apply today with a copy of your resume and cover letter.