- 0.8EFT - Full time fixed term contract
- Located in Sunshine, work from home options ongoing
- Remuneration package of $84,770 - $88,702 p/a + super and salary packaging
We are currently recruiting for several positions within a Kinship Care program based in the Western suburbs. This role will support children/young people living with kinship carers including those under statutory order. You will work to support the child and carer(s), who can present with a range of complex issues related to drug and alcohol use, family violence, mental health, and cycles of disadvantage and poverty resulting in chronic neglect and cumulative harm.
- Manage a caseload of at least 8 children and young people living in Kinship Care arrangements
- Provide complete case management to children on child protective orders in conjunction with Child Protection.
- Provide information and advice to Kinship carers and take any inquiries about kinship care
- Provide cultural support and connections to carers and children in their care
- Plan and facilitate group programs to vulnerable carers, children and young people
- Be committed to the safety, well-being and best interests of children and young people, and have a duty of care to prevent, identify, and respond to child abuse
You must have:
- A minimum qualification of a Diploma of Community Services or related discipline
- At least one years' case management experience working with vulnerable children, young people, and families
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking holistic, systemic assessments that identify needs, strengths and risks in families and individuals
- Understanding of relevant therapeutic and intervention types applicable to vulnerable children and young people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and report writing skills
- Capacity to work flexibly, independently and cooperatively in a dynamic workplace environment
Why work with Tradewind?
Tradewind Australia is Melbourne's leading agency recruiting for the Social Services sector. We pride ourselves on the strong and long-standing relationships we have formed with our clients and candidates.
- Your own consultant who will work hard to secure you the right roles for your skill set
- Access to roles offered exclusively through Tradewind
- Flexible hours improving your work/life balance
- No joining fees
How to apply:
- Apply through the link provided.
- Contact the office directly if you have any queries regarding your application however, please allow some time for your application to be processed
- If you would like more information about the roles, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 9081 0562 and ask to speak to one of our Family Services Team.
Join the Tradewind team and apply now!
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
1800 989 025