Tradewind Australia is the leading recruitment service supporting the health, social and community sectors in the development of workforces that strengthen vulnerable communities and support those in crisis.
Tradewind is currently working in partnership with Drummond Street Services to appoint a Manager of Youth Services.
Serving Victorian families and individuals since 1887, drummond street services supports families and individuals, promotes connected and inclusive communities and drives innovation and research into family support interventions.
The position of Manager of Youth Services has leadership responsibilities for activities delivered by a vibrant young team of lived experience youth workers and peer works and will have two Senior Youth Practitioners to support, but it also needs to be hands-on as needed at program level in the community.
The position will also ensure the service model remains unique and innovative and respond to local young people to meet contractual obligations.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Involving and building local partnerships
- Stakeholder management
- Leadership and management of the team
- Plan, deliver, promote and evaluate school holiday programs
- Community development and youth participation
- Program design and delivery
- Leadership in service delivery
To be considered, you will meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience coordinating programs for young people
- Minimum 3 years' experience leading and supervising teams in youth work
- Demonstrable experience of youth-focused, family-aware and inclusive practice
This position is offered and a fulltime fixed-term contract (with potential for extension) and Drummond Street offer a competitive SCHADS award package with benefits including salary packaging.
First Nations People, LGBTIQ+ people, people with a disability, people of colour, public housing residents or people with lived experience are encouraged to apply.
Apply today with a copy of your resume or to request a copy of the position description or for a confidential chat, call David Rogers at Tradewind Australia on 03 9081 0566.