- Working in a specialist counselling program for perpetrators of Family Violence
- Full and part-time roles available | Centrally located position in CBD
- 5 weeks' annual leave + 14 days' personal leave
We are currently recruiting for experienced Men's Family Violence Counsellors to work with an industry leading Family Violence organisation based in the Melbourne CBD.
You will actively engage with men who use family violence via inbound and outbound calls to create awareness around the impacts of their behaviour with a potential goal of him making more positive choices. This work is vitally important, towards creating sustainable social change within family violence. The role involves completing risk assessments, referrals and escalations to manage complex clients. In this role you can expect a strong focus on supervision and self-care. All successful applicants will be provided with training and ongoing development.
The role operates on rotating roster, and an on-call after hours' service, spanning 7 days per week.
- Provide specialised counselling men with a history of using family violence using online and telephone based methods
- Maintain in regular ongoing contact and regular online appointments with clients
- Support development and achievement of treatment plans with clients
- Provide written reports, and referral assistance to enable clients to assess appropriate supports
- Liaison with other stakeholders
- General administrative duties, data recording, and maintaining accurate case files
You must have:
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Counselling, or relevant discipline
- Minimum 1 year counselling experience
- Experience working with men/perpetrators of family violence
- Demonstrated knowledge of family violence, sexual assault, sexualised behaviours, and trauma
- Excellent administrative, verbal and written skills
You will also have or be willing to obtain a Police Check, a Working with Children's Check, and be able to provide 2 professional referees.
Why work with Tradewind?
Tradewind Australia is Melbourne's leading agency recruiting for the Social Services sector. We pride ourselves on the strong and long-standing relationships we have formed with our clients and candidates.
- Your own consultant who will work hard to secure you the right roles for your skill set
- Access to roles offered exclusively through Tradewind
- Flexible hours improving your work/life balance
- No joining fees
How to apply:
- Follow the link provided or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill in as much detail as you can on the application form and upload your resume
- Contact the office directly if you have any queries regarding your application however, please allow some time for your application to be processed
- If you would like more information about the roles, please email email@example.com or phone 03 9081 0562 and ask for one of our Family Services Consultants.
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
1800 989 025