Inspiro is a local, not-for-profit health service providing allied health, counselling, dental and health promotion services to the Yarra Valley community working with a vision to inspire healthier lives.
Inspiro, as the lead of a consortium with Anchor, Cire, Eastern Community Legal Centre and Oonah Belonging Place, have been funded by the Australian Government to implement a case management service known as the Lilydale Youth Hub (LYH).
The purpose of the LYH is to provide young people aged 12 to 25 years and families/carers with improved access to primary health care, community and social services, service coordination and integration. Young people who are at-risk, disadvantaged and with complex needs are a priority for service access, specifically young people with mental ill health are supported.
As a newly created position reporting to the Executive Officer, we are seeking Mental Health Lead to manage a multidisciplinary team that provides clinical interventions and therapeutic services to youth at risk across the Yarra Ranges.
Duties and responsibilities of this position will include:
- Providing clinical supervision and leadership to Youth Health Hub staff that may include health promotion officers, counsellors and peer workers
- Assessing and identifying clinical risk
- Developing non-clinical and education programs that support the wellbeing of young people
- Managing a case load of young people with complex needs
- Providing evidence-based intervention under the Stepped Care program
- Developing quality, safety, reporting and clinical governance systems
- Providing teamwork, quality improvement and professional development to staff
Qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- Qualifications to practice as a Psychologist, Mental Health Nurse or similar discipline
- Clinical and community experience working with young people in both prevention and intervention of complex needs
- Leading multi-disciplinary teams working to support the mental health and wellbeing of vulnerable and at risk young people
- Reviewing and implementing change to programs for quality and service delivery
- Hold a valid and current Victorian driver's licence
Inspiro is seeking individuals that have the following character traits:
- Demonstrate a high degree of flexibility and positive 'can-do' attitude
- Thrive in an innovative 'start-up' environment
- Show a high level of initiative and are prepared to 'go the extra mile'
- You embrace complexity, and think strategically
- You demonstrate a high level of personal/professional resilience
- Are highly collaborative in your practice and manner
You will also have or be willing to undergo a Working with Children Check and a Police Check.
Flexibility to work some evenings and occasional weekends is required due to the nature of outreach and engaging with young people across the Yarra Ranges.
An attractive SCHADS Level 8 package is being offered for this position.
Tradewind Australia is the exclusive recruitment partner for Inspiro. Apply today with your resume and cover letter or call David Rogers on 03 9081 0566 for a confidential chat.