We are seeking two qualified and registered Occupational Therapists to join a Not For Profit Organisation who support people who are blind or have low vision to live the life they choose. Occupational Therapists who are committed to working in a person-centered approach are encouraged to apply.
Full time or Part time, 1 year or 3 year contract - Townsville
Full time, 12 month contract - Canberra
- Assess, plan and coordinate environmental and/or task modifications according to the client's needs.
- Assess and train clients in the use of assistive devices and equipment to enhance access to developmentally appropriate activities.
- In consultation with clients and their families plan, develop, deliver and evaluate individual or group specialised services.
- Provide both individual and group OT training/intervention programs to achieve maximum independence and participation in activities appropriate to the client's developmental level.
- Assess the client's capacity to independently participate in activities of daily living.
The suitable candidate will be:
- Degree qualified in Occupational Therapy.
- Current registration with Australia Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- SWEP (State-wide Equipment Program) registration is required for therapists working in VIC.
- Experience in providing client support and OT services in person and/or through other communication mediums.
- Knowledge and skills in working with children, adults and older adults.
What you get in return:
- Generous salary packaging options
- Exciting career paths and exceptional professional development opportunities
- Friendly values based working environment
- Flexible working arrangements, work life balance
- Please submit your CV and cover letter to Brenda Willey at email@example.com
- For further information regarding the role, please call Brenda or any of the allied health recruitment team on 03 9088 7025
We promise to support you through the application, interviews, references and documentation process as well as provide feedback if unsuccessful to provide you with something you can use for future applications.
People with a lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.