This large, reputable, Not For Profit organisation is currently seeking an Occupational therapist to work with children with potential developmental delays or disabilities between 0 - 6 years and families.
The Occupational Therapist will be part of a trans-disciplinary team responsible for the delivery of the NDIS ECEI approach. You will be part of a team delivering office, phone and community-based support, working closely with families and other professionals to assess and identify the service and support needs for children with possible developmental delays, and then set goals that will assist the child in day to day environments. The role will use a family centred approach to gather information to identify the appropriate pathways for children and their families. This can include access to the NDIS, short term interventions or community and mainstream supports.
The suitable candidate will be:
- Degree qualified in an appropriate education or allied health discipline
- Eligible for registration under one of the following: VIT, AHPRA, AASW, SPA or equivalent professional membership
- Able to demonstrate previous experience working with children between the ages of 0-6 years
- Willing to undergo a National Police Check & Working with Children's Check
What you get in return:
- Inclusive and supportive trans-disciplinary team
- In-depth induction to the role, with Senior Coordinators & Team Leader to support you
- Access to peer supervision with your own profession and other professions
- Continuous professional development
- Invaluable knowledge/training on NDIS
- Competitive remuneration package; including car allowance and high salary packaging option
- Career progression opportunities
- Flexible work hours