Tradewind Australia are seeking Psychologists, Occupational Therapists, Mental Health Nurses and Social Workers to join an organisation that makes sure all young Australians are supported to be mentally healthy and engaged in their communities.
This service in the organisation was originally created to reach youths in rural areas including indigenous communities, however since 2011 when the service began, it has grown in popularity with young people across Australia. Many young people feel more comfortable accessing support services online or by phone. The service provides 12-25 year olds and their families/friends, an anonymous, safe and secure place to talk to a clinician - wherever they are, about whatever they require.
This role combines online and telephone support to young people and their families and translates mental health professional services into a telephone and online environment. Approx. 70% would be Web chat, 10-20% email and 10-20% via phone.
- Undertake online screening, assessments with young people and their families
- Deliver brief psychological interventions
- Apply evidence-based treatments and best practice standards online and via telephone as required
- Provide access to best practice psychoeducational resources & referrals to face to face providers.
The successful candidate:
- Qualified Occupational therapist, Social worker, Mental health nurse or Psychologist.
- AHPRA or AASW Eligible / registered
- Experience working with complex mental health issues
- Experience working in youth mental health settings
- Willingness to complete DWES check, police check, 2 reference checks and other compliance documents
What you get in return:
- An organisation who adapt to change, support innovation and are forward-thinking
- Some of the best CPD around
- Supportive multi-disciplinary team
- Participate in an industry-leading training program
- Be mentored during your induction
- Strong focus on well-being and preventing burn-out
- Night shifts will have a secure parking provided after 7pm for free
- Clinical supervision
- Innovation is valued by the team, encouraged and championed
If you wish to apply:
- Please submit your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For all queries about the position, please contact Quinn, Brenda or Danielle on 1800 833 130.
Tradewind Australia is an equal opportunities employer.
People with a lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.