- Kinship Case Manager, First Support and Foster Care Case Manager positions available
- Mixture of temp, contracted and permanent opportunities | ASAP starts
- Supportive working environment | Both part-time and full-time
We are currently recruiting for a Kinship Case Manager, Support Practitioner and Foster Care Case manager in South Eastern Suburbs, to provide case management and support to Kinship Care and Foster Care programs
The Case Management and Support Practitioner provides support to vulnerable children and young people as well as their kinship carer(s)/ Foster Carer(s) who can present with a range of complex issues related to drug and alcohol use, family violence, mental health, and cycles of disadvantage and poverty resulting in chronic neglect and cumulative harm.
- Provide a case management and case work service to clients of the Out of Home Care Program
- Liaise with birth families regarding their children in kinship/ Foster care
- Plan and facilitate group programs to vulnerable carers, children and young people
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with DHHS Child Protection, other government and community organisations
- Participate in and contribute to program development and innovation
- Commitment to the safety, well-being and best interests of children and young people, and duty of care in the prevention, identification, and response to child abuse
You must have:
- Excellent family and child assessment skills including risk assessment of children and young people as well as assessment of caregivers
- Demonstrated case management skills with complex families and at risk children and young people
- Knowledge and experience of maintaining positive working relationships with Child Protection Services and other professionals and families in challenging situations
- Understanding of and ability to apply therapeutic models and theories around trauma and child development that enable positive change and demonstrated ability to apply these in practice
- Capacity to work effectively with families from a range of cultural and socio economic backgrounds
- A tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology or equivalent
Why work with Tradewind?
Tradewind Australia is Melbourne's fastest growing agency recruiting for the Social Services sector. We pride ourselves on the strong and long-standing relationships we have formed with our clients and candidates.
- Your own consultant who will work hard to secure you the right roles for your skill set
- Access to roles offered exclusively through Tradewind
- Flexible hours improving your work/life balance
- No joining fees
How to apply:
- Follow the link provided (or visit our website and click contact us, then apply now)
- Fill in as much detail as you can on the application form and upload your resume
- Contact the office directly if you have any queries regarding your application however, please allow some time for your application to be processed
- If you would like more information about the roles, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 9081 0562 and ask to speak to one of our family services consultants
Join the Tradewind team and apply now!
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
1800 989 025