Payroll Officer - Preston - Part time
Salary - $68,000 - $75,000 (depending on experience) + Super
- 7-8 weeks of holidays per year
- Progression opportunities and training on offer
- Supportive team environment - EAP program and a wellbeing program
- Early finish of 4pm available.
Why work with Client Organisation?
Our client is is a non-for-profit, independent, coeducational school offering the Victorian Curriculum from Kindergarten to Year 12. They will provide you with ongoing opportunities and career progression which is rewarding, meaningful and important work within the community.
About the Role:
Our client is looking for a Payroll Officer, to be based on-site in East Preston on a part-time basis. Join a supportive Finance and HR team from Monday - Wednesday where you will be p
rocessing the College payroll for teaching and non-teaching staff and casuals on a fortnightly basis.
- Ensuring all employees are paid accurately in accordance with the contracts, Enterprise Agreement and relevant legislation and ensure staff pay rates are maintained and updated in accordance with the EBA.
- Calculating annual leave and long service leave accruals and other entitlements and termination.
- Processing, monitoring and reconciling paid maternity leave and government paid parental leave.
- Managing, investigating, and responding to payroll queries in a timely manner and providing guidance on the legislation, income taxes, employee benefits and other related entitlements.
- Assist with ongoing maintenance of payroll system/codes and records to meet tax and other regulations.
- Collaborating with Finance to ensure the associated clearing accounts are reconciled, assisting with data for preparing and remitting monthly superannuation payments and salary deductions by the due date, mid year PAYG and assist with end of Financial Year reporting for payroll.
- Ensure the end-to-end payroll function is prepared to allow payment to be made to staff within set timelines, allowing appropriate time for payroll to be checked by the Senior HR/Payroll Officer.
Skills & Experience:
- 3-4 years of relevant experience in payroll, ideally in a school setting.
- Competency in Facts Management or PC Schools software is highly desirable.
- Demonstrate understanding and sound knowledge of relevant policies and or legislation pertaining to education in Victoria regarding payroll.
- Experience in maintaining key organizational databases with a high level of accuracy and adherence to critical timeframes.
- Ability to acquire and apply knowledge of the College's ethos, structure and operations.
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills with a solution focused and growth mindset.
You will also have or be willing to undergo a Working with Children Check and a Police Check.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Good analytical, evaluation and decision-making skills and high level of communication skills
- Advanced Planning and high level of productivity
- Adaptable and flexible to work effectively in a demanding and changing work environment
- Able to display empathy, commitment, resilience, accuracy and time management
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism in handling office matters is also paramount.
How to apply:
Apply today! Please email your resume to Sarah Ingram at firstname.lastname@example.org
For any queries regarding the position or application process, contact Sarah on (03) 9087 1020
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA AND THE ORGANISATIONS WE REPRESENT ARE PROUD TO BE EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYERS.
We welcome applications from people who reflect the diversity of the organisations we partner with, and the people they support. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability and lived experience to apply.