Primary and Secondary English Teachers Required - SE Asia
Tradewind supports the Brunei Ministry of Education with the staffing of one of the largest English language projects globally.
As a teacher on the project you will work in a local Bruneian school delivering the UK national curriculum in Literacy. Primary roles are from Early Years (age 3) up to Grade 6. Secondary roles from Grade 7 through to Grade11 (and in some cases Grade 13). The focus is to raise the literacy proficiency and attainment levels of Bruneian students.
Roles commence in September 2020 with a larger cohort starting January 2021 on contracts for two years (option to renew).
- Qualified teacher status (i.e. qualified to teach within the state education system in your home country), usually in the form of a M.Ed, B.Ed, BA + /Dip Ed/ Dip Teaching/PGCE
- A minimum of three years' classroom teaching experience. This should include some young students (5-6 years of age) for primary and secondary students (11-18 years of age) for secondary)
- Some experience of English/Literacy EFL/ESL learners is preferable
- Due to visa restrictions, one must be under the age of 55 years prior to starting a contract
In return you will be offered the following
- A competitive tax free salary BND42,000 - 72,000 ($46.5 to $80KAUD) per annum
- Inbound and outbound flights
- Contract Completion Bonus of 1/6th of salary
- Generously-sized living accommodation provided
- Heavily subsidised support for dependants' schooling at an International school
- Medical cover (family cover
- Allowance - settling, spousal and baggage
- Genuine opportunities for professional development
Brunei Darussalam is a small, peaceful country on the island of Borneo in South East Asia. It is surrounded by pristine tropical jungle and beaches with temperatures around 27 - 30 degrees all year. Roles suit both single and teaching families looking for a relaxed pace work/lifestyle.
Interested? Interviews are currently taking place with schools for candidates meeting the above criteria. To discuss opportunities in your field kindly send an updated CV to Michael Smith - email@example.com