Tradewind supports the Brunei Ministry of Education (MoE) with the staffing of one of the largest English language projects globally.
As a teacher on the project you will work in a local Bruneian school delivering the UK national curriculum in Literacy. Primary roles are from Early Years (age 3) up to Grade 6. Secondary roles from Grade 7 through to Grade11 (and in some cases to Grade 13). The focus of the MoE is to raise the literacy proficiency and attainment levels of Bruneian students.
Interviews are now being arranged for teachers who can start in January, March and June 2021 on contracts for two years (option to renew).
- Qualified teacher status (i.e. qualified to teach within the state education system in your home country), usually in the form of a M.Ed., B.Ed., BA + /Dip Ed/Dip Teaching/PGCE
- A minimum of three years' classroom teaching experience. This should include some young students (5-6 years of age) for primary and secondary students (11-18 years of age) for secondary)
- Experience teaching English/Literacy or EAL/ESL learners is preferable
- Due to visa restrictions, one must be under the age of 55 years prior to starting a contract
In return you will be offered the following
- A competitive tax-free salary BND42,000 - 72,000 ($43.5 to $75KAUD) per annum
- Inbound and outbound flights
- Contract Completion Bonus of 1/6th of salary on completing two years
- Generously sized living accommodation provided
- Heavily subsidised support for dependants' schooling at an International school
- Medical cover (family cover)
- Allowance - settling, spousal and baggage
- Genuine opportunities for professional development
Brunei Darussalam is a small, peaceful country on the island of Borneo in South East Asia. It is surrounded by pristine tropical jungle and beaches with temperatures around 27 - 30 degrees all year. Roles suit both single and teaching families looking for a relaxed pace work/lifestyle.
Interested? Interviews are currently taking place with schools for candidates meeting the above criteria. To discuss opportunities in your field kindly send an updated CV to Michael Smith - email@example.com or call 1800 192 195 (in Australia)
Note/ Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted