ABOUT THE ROLE:
A unique opportunity is available for an experienced Disability Program Manager to lead a passionate team of educators in supporting young children with additional needs and/or disabilities at a specialist school in the Officer area.
Working within a large team of educators you'll help to provide:
- A safe and secure environment for the children in attendance.
- An opportunity for children to reach their emotional, physical and confidence needs.
- Peace of mind for families.
- A program that is inclusive for children with additional needs.
- Friendly, warm and inspired educators.
- Various activities and equipment that accommodates all ages and interests.
This is a Monday-Friday position working in After School Care and School Holiday Programs.
We're looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Experience managing teams of 10+ people - there is a large people management component to this role, so this is a must.
- Extensive experience managing complex needs and behaviors of children.
- Experience developing inclusive programs for children with special needs/or disabilities.
- Resilience to working in an environment where each day presents new challenges.
- Passion for working with children with special needs/disabilities.
- An individual wanting to progress their career within the disability sector.
This is your opportunity to join a reputable company in Before and After School Care and Holiday Programs.
We pride ourselves on our supportive team environment and the high-quality care we provide to the families and school communities we work with.
ABOUT THE BENEFITS:
- Permanent position
- Above award industry pay
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities to develop your career in education and care
EVERYONE IN THE INDUSTRY NEEDS:
To be considered for the role, you must be working towards or have completed an ACECQA approved qualification OR be working towards or have completed a qualification in Disability Support (Certificate 4 as a minimum).
There are loads of child-care qualifications that are approved for this role, please check the link to see if your studies
Please send your resume and cover letter to Brenda Willey - email@example.com or for a confidential conversation call Brenda Willey on 03 8689 9534.
Tradewind Australia is a specialist recruitment service for the Social & Community Service sectors and we source highly qualified and experienced professionals to work with all providers within these services.