Psychologist - Children and families
Part or full time applicants welcome
$salary + super, salary packaging, 1 week's study leave & generous annual CPD budget
If you are a Psychologist looking for real work-life balance, a supportive and collaborative team environment and consistent encouragement from the organization to continue with professional development, continuous learning and focus on your wellbeing, we think this could be your next role.
bestchance is a not-for-profit organization supporting children and families between the ages of 0 - 10 presenting with disabilities and/or developmental delays. Their aim is to build stronger communities, healthier families and happier childhoods. bestchance achieve this through their quality education, care and therapy services for children, their support programs for families, and their registered training organisation. They are a values based organization and seeking a Psychologist who also wants to empower communities, support families and educate & care for children.
We're in search of a Psychologist that embodies the organizations guiding principles of practice and loves working as part of a team. Compared to other roles in the space, the KPI's are relatively low and the role is split 50-60% of your day with clients and 40-50% of your day for planning, professional development.
In this role you will:
- Provide therapeutic supports for children aged 0 - 10 years
- Work with a variety of developmental delays and disabilities
- Be a leader for inclusion in the community
- Provide high quality group workshops and individual therapy services
- Educate parents, teachers and educators to build their capacity and upskill
- Work in a family centered, strengths based, evidenced based approach
In order to be eligible to apply the successful applicant would require:
- Registration with AHPRA as a Psychologist
- Knowledge and experience working with children
(disabilities and developmental delay experience is beneficial but not essential)
- Knowledge and experience providing evidence based services
- Current Employee Working with Children's Check
- Current driver's license and vehicle (travel reimbursed above standard tax rate)
What you get in return:
- Not for Profit organisation, salary packaging available
- Work for an organisation that has a genuine commitment to encouraging staff development and wellbeing.
- Your CPD requirements for registration will be met internally (pro rata) via our internal development programs.
- Annual paid study leave plus a generous budget. They have a strengths based approach to help you plan how to use this.
- Ongoing, regular individual and group supervision and mentoring
- Opportunities for cross-training with other programs and areas of the business
- Quarterly "genius days" to work on your own passion projects
- Access to a high quality multi-disciplinary team
- Opportunities for role diversity (survey conducted to ask therapists what they wanted their role to look like for 2021)
- First aid and CPR training provided
- Flexible work arrangements - the team love their jobs, but know that being a Pediatric Therapist can be stressful at times - they have a variety of wellbeing projects and supports embedded into their daily routines.
- A team connections calendar
- Opportunities to participate in trivia, yoga, mini challenges etc.
- Both collaborative and individual working spaces
- You will receive and provide peer mentoring
- An iPhone and ThinkPad laptop
- 10% childcare discount to any bestchance long daycare
How to apply:
Please send your resume to Danielle at Tradewind Australia - Alliedhealth@twrecruitment.com.au
If you have any queries, please call Danielle 1800 833 130
bestchance is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.