- Be part of a supportive and progressive team responding to the changing landscape of family violence
- Ongoing, full-time contract, located in the East of Melbourne
- Generous renumeration package SCHADs Level 8, salary packaging and superannuation including monthly ADO
We are supporting Refuge Victoria (formerly Safe Futures Foundation) to recruit for an experienced Manager to lead a specialist Family Violence Refuge in the East of Melbourne.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a supportive and progressive team responding to the changing landscape of family violence. The Refuge Manager will be responsible for coordinating the delivery of a 24-hour service providing secure refuge and crisis accommodation and case management for women and children experiencing family and domestic violence.
- Provide quality leadership and supportive supervision to a team of case managers and support workers
- To provide oversight and monitoring of high-quality intake and risk assessments, safety plans, needs assessments, case and exit planning
- Ensure service delivery targets, other key performance measures and Human Services Standards are met
- Overall management of the refuge and ensure units are maintained and ready for occupancy within 24 hours of a vacancy
- Develop and oversee professional development plans and budget
- Establish appropriate community contacts, develop and maintain professional working relationships with a broad range of stakeholders and funding partners in the provision of the sites services to achieve improved outcomes for clients
You must have:
- A tertiary qualification in Social Work or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership and management, as well as an ability to use initiative, thinking laterally and strategically during times of pressure
- Experience in operational management and coordinating of service delivery
- Strong understanding of the Family Violence sector with family violence, crisis response and, trauma-informed practice essential. Knowledge of relevant legislation, information sharing schemes, theories and frameworks pertaining to Family Violence in Victoria, including MARAM highly regarded.
Successful applicants must also have or be willing to obtain a Police Check, a Working With Children's Check, Drivers Licence, and be able to provide two professional referees.
How to apply:
- To apply, or if you wish to learn more about this role, please email email@example.com or phone 03 9081 0562 and ask to speak to one of our Family Services team.
Join the Tradewind team and apply now!