- Provide therapeutic supports to men, women and children who have perpetrated or experienced family violence
- Full-time or part-time, fixed-term contract with generous remuneration package
- Located in the South East of Melbourne
We are recruiting for a Specialist Family Violence Practitioner to provide intensive, innovative, and holistic therapeutic interventions to men, women and children who have perpetrated or experienced family violence. You will provide individually tailored support using a range of modalities including counselling, group therapy, advocacy support, and intensive case management, ensuring the safety of children and families and holding perpetrators accountable.
- Provide comprehensive case coordination services and therapeutic interventions to perpetrators of violence and their families
- Conduct comprehensive risk and intake assessments, developing safety plans to mitigate risk and ensure safety
- Co-facilitate specialist group programs such as Mens' Behaviour Change
- Provide one-on-one counselling support for victim-survivors and perpetrators of violence
- Be committed to the safety, wellbeing and best interests of children and families
You must have:
- A Bachelor (or above) qualification in Social Work, Psychology, or related behavioural science
- Demonstrated experience working with individuals and families impacted by family violence
- Direct experience working with perpetrators of violence is highly regarded
- Experience in undertaking clinical therapeutic assessments and interventions, including group facilitation
- Demonstrated understanding of developmental and therapeutic needs of children who have experienced trauma, abuse, and neglect
You will also have or be willing to obtain a Drivers Licence, Police Check, a Working with Children's Check, and be able to provide 2 professional referees.
Why work with Tradewind?
Tradewind Australia is Melbourne's leading agency recruiting for the Social Services sector. We pride ourselves on the strong and long-standing relationships we have formed with our clients and candidates.
- Your own consultant who will work hard to secure you the right roles for your skill set
- Access to roles offered exclusively through Tradewind
- Flexible hours improving your work/life balance
- No joining fees
How to apply:
- Follow the link provided (or visit our website and click contact us, then apply now)
- Fill in as much detail as you can on the application form and upload your resume
- Contact the office directly if you have any queries regarding your application however, please allow some time for your application to be processed
- If you would like more information about the roles, please email email@example.com or phone (03) 9081-0562 and ask for a member of the Family Services Team.
Join the Tradewind team and apply now!
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.