Employment Type: Full Time or Part-Time
Location: Various locations across Melbourne/Rural Victoria & Sydney/Rural NSW/QLD
Salary: $65,000 - $115,000 + generous vehicle options + phone + laptop
New Graduates & overseas candidates welcome to apply
Everyday Independence is seeking Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists to achieve their goal of being the best therapy provider in the world.
Improving the lives of people living with a disability.
Striving to be the best in the world at interdisciplinary therapy; within a person's natural environment; and in ways that are inclusive of the person's family, friends and community.
People matter to Everyday Independence; and we are developing a workforce that is skilled, passionate and driven to providing therapy within a social model of disability.
Growing because of their success and culture
- Australia Allied Health Aware Winner: Team Culture
- Australia Allied Health Aware Winner: Early Career
Seeking candidates from either Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy who are committed to working in a person-centred approach. Backgrounds to work with a varied age range of clients, early childhood, children, teenagers, adults presenting with a disability through the NDIS.
In this role you will;
- Work with children, adults or both depending on your experience and preference.
- Gather information using assessments, conversations, observations & play-based approaches
- Identify facilitators and barriers within a person's environment
- Develop person-centred goals collaboratively with the person and their support
- Empower and build capacity of people, families and communities
- Regularly evaluate progress and outcomes, using relevant outcomes measures and discuss outcomes with people, family and stakeholders
- Write reports in a timely and professional manner & maintain full accurate records
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Work with your team to achieve its purpose and to drive positive results
The successful candidate
- Bachelor degree or Masters in Speech Pathology / Occupational Therapy / Physiotherapy
- AHPRA membership / SPA membership
- Growth mindset, innovative, team player, committed to continuous learning
- Experience working with people with disabilities
- Willingness to complete DWES check, police check, 2 reference checks and other compliance documents
- Victorian or NSW Driving licence
Desirable - but not essential:
- NDIS knowledge
- 1+ years' experience as an OT, Physio or Speech
What you get in return:
- Work for an organisation that pride themselves on being person-centred in every way
- An organisation who adapt to change, support innovation and are forward-thinking
- Continuous professional development provided, including organisation specific conferences
- A growing organisation, lots of career progression opportunities
- Competitive salary plus generous vehicle options, phone and laptop
- They like you to grow as they do = lots of internal promotion
- Career progression plan that you will follow and review with your team leader
- Participate in an industry-leading new training program (intake every 8 weeks) followed by our mentoring and coaching programmes (ongoing)
- Large emphasis on team inclusiveness and collaboration - weekly team meetings and peer supervision too
- 25% support/admin workforce vs 75% allied health professionals = 1 admin resource to every 4 allied health professionals
- Work with your consumers through long term intervention (ideally a minimum of 12 months)
- Lots of supports in place to help you achieve as much therapy in your role as possible
- Their core value is "people matter" and this is supported by values of strengths-based, excellence, integrity, simplicity and appreciation.
- You have access to administration and scheduling support
- Relocation expenses for some applicants.
If you wish to apply:
Please send a cover note and resume to Danielle / Lydia at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like more information, a position description, or to discuss any queries, please call the team on 1800 833 130
The organisation is an equal opportunities employer.
People with a lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.