- Assess, diagnose and treat speech, language, and communication disorders in children and adolescents.
- Create individualised treatment and therapy plans to suit the needs of clients.
- Monitor clients' progress and adjust treatments accordingly.
- Keeping detailed records relating to clients' conditions and progress through their therapy goals.
- Communicating clients' progress to all involved stake holders, including family members, teachers, other allied health professionals or medical professionals.
- Educating clients and family members about speech and language disorders.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience working as a Speech Pathologist
- Speech Pathology Australia membership
- Private indemnity insurance
- Working with Children Check and National Police Check
- Drivers Licence
Knowledge and Skills
- Client centred approach: committed to providing exceptional customer service across all channels and with all stake - holders.
- Communication: the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, varying communication style depending upon the audience
- Attention to detail: excellent attention to detail and written skills when communicating with others, both internally and externally
- Teamwork: willingness to assist and support other team members
- Time management/organisation: accomplish objectives effectively within time frames and perform administrative duties in an efficient and timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills with team leadership qualities
- Professional presence with clients - ability to build rapport with clients and families
- Ability to cope with demanding situations and pressure, and capacity to accommodate the varying level and urgency of the tasks
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Enthusiastic to further develop abilities
- Initiative and open mindedness
- Tenacity and honesty
- Positive approach and adaptable
- Analytical thinking