To provide assessment and treatment of swallowing and communication for adult clients in their homes and Residential Aged Care Facility (some private hospitals or the Burwood clinic may be included).
- Provide evidence-based speech pathology services to adult clients and their families and carers
- Provide handovers and updates to team members and medical and allied health colleagues as required
- Provide reports with recommendations to funding bodies such as NDIA
- Maintain professional standards at all times as stipulated by Speech Pathology Australia's Ethical Standards, Codes of Practice and Clincial Guildelines and in the Staff Handbook.
- Maintain a high standard of clinical documentation and accountability
- Supervise speech pathology students, as appropriate
- Meet Speech Pathology Australia's annual continuing professional development requirements
- Complete nonclinical tasks as required
- Maintain up-to-date timesheets and administrative documentation
- Speech Pathology Australia membership (Provisional or Certified)
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in speech pathology
- Willingness to obtain Professional Indemnity Insurance to the value of $20 million
- Current flu vaccination
- National Police Check
- Open NSW drivers' licence
- Use of your own car
- Owner, Senior Practitioner/Director
- Admin staff - for client bookings, invoicing and other admin matters
- Clinical colleagues - for shared client responsibilities and professional development
- Families - our clients' prime carers or care partners
- Aged Care Facilities Managers and Directors of Care - key referral agents for SP services and staff education
- Aged Care Facilities RNs - prime contacts for client information and care recommendations
- Aged Care facilities Kitchen Managers - for diets and diet modifications
- General Practitioners - primary care providers and key referral agents
- Allied health therapists - partners in service delivery
- Funding coordinators - key referral agents and coordinators of multidisciplinary services
- Demonstrated experience in the assessment and management of adults with swallowing disorders
- Demonstrated experience in the assessment and management of adults with a variety of communication difficulties
- Demonstrated experience in the assessment and management of AAC solutions
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of evidenced based practice and their application to speech pathology practice.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional development and quality improvement.
- Demonstrated commitment to person-centred care in the management of swallowing and communication disorders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.