- An exciting new Therapeutic Family Violence Program
- Ongoing contract working 4 days a week
- Work for a leading non-profit organisation in Frankston
We are currently recruiting for a Therapeutic Family Violence Practitioner to work in an exciting new program providing a client-centred trauma informed therapeutic response for children and their mothers who are victim survivors of family violence.
- Manage a case load of clients, providing individual and family therapeutic work via outreach and centre based sessions
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver evidence-based services to women and children impacted upon by Family Violence and support the innovation of service responses and sector reform
- Provide assessment to clients using a range of clinical assessment tools
- Design and deliver short term interventions for children and their mothers to enhance their readiness for therapeutic support
- Facilitation of evidence based/informed and therapeutic groups
You must have:
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Counselling or related discipline
- Eligibility for membership to an appropriate professional association
- Minimum of 3 years' relevant experience inclusive of at least one years' direct family violence experience
- Experience in undertaking client centric therapeutic assessments and interventions
- Capacity to analyse complex issues, including the impact of violence and trauma, safety and risk, and provide appropriate therapeutic interventions for women and children
- Experience in active engagement of vulnerable children, youth and families and delivering a range of interventions to improve their outcomes
- Excellent knowledge of the impacts of Family Violence and, feminist, systemic, child focused and trauma informed approaches to practice
- Post graduate qualification or currently studying one in counselling/therapy, leadership or management
- Experience working with clients from diverse cultural backgrounds
You will also have or be willing to obtain a Police Check, a Working with Children's Check, and be able to provide 2 professional referees.
Why work with Tradewind?
Tradewind Australia is Melbourne's fastest growing agency recruiting for the Social Services sector. We pride ourselves on the strong and long-standing relationships we have formed with our clients and candidates.
- Your own consultant who will work hard to secure you the right roles for your skill set
- Access to roles offered exclusively through Tradewind
- Flexible hours improving your work/life balance
- No joining fees
How to apply:
- Follow the link provided (or visit our website and click contact us, then apply now)
- Fill in as much detail as you can on the application form and upload your resume
- Contact the office directly if you have any queries regarding your application however, please allow some time for your application to be processed
- If you would like more information about the roles, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1800 989 025 and ask to speak to someone from the Family Services Team
Join the Tradewind team and apply now!
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
1800 989 025