Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Parkville/Malmsbury Youth Justice Centre
Salary: $91,809 + Super
Generous salary packaging
Tradewind Australia are seeking a Youth Mental Health Nurse to join an organisation looking patients presenting with Mental Health issues.
The organisation is committed to striving to implement the values that shape their work culture. Everyone at the organisation has a role to achieve the goals. They value accountability, continuous improvement, commitment, excellence, professionalism and teamwork. They are looking for to recruit a values based Mental health nurse too.
The Mental Health Nurse is an integral part of the primary healthcare team at the correctional facility and assists the Health Services Manager (HSM) in providing leadership to and clinical and administrative management of this team.
In this role you will;
- Conduct health assessments and screenings of patients
- Review patient healthcare plans
- Refer patients to medical and other health services as appropriate
- Discharge plans for the patient transitioning from prison care to community care
- Respond to clinical emergencies in accordance with specific roles and responsibilities.
- Administer Medication
- Provide a service to all patients that adheres with best practice.
The Successful Candidate:
- Registered General Nurse qualification with a post graduate Mental Health qualification or
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
- A minimum of at least one-year post graduate psychiatric nursing experience.
- Superior communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to participate in the "at risk" on-call roster if required.
- IT literate
- Police check clearance & working with children's check clearance
- Experience working in a custodial health environment.
- Experience in general nursing.
- Experience providing health services to children and/or young people.
What you get in return:
- 24/7 Roster - Morning shift - 8 hours : Evening shift - 8 hours : Night shift - 10 hours (Request roster - need to be able to work across all shifts)
- Multi-disciplinary team
- Work alongside GPs, general nursing, drug and alcohol, and other allied health professionals
- Structured framework of bookings for patients in a day - on average 30 minute appointments
- Rewarding role where you can build upon your mental health nursing skills
- Team focused culture - very strong team values
- Holistic viewpoint in terms of the individual and continuous education needs
- Ongoing professional development program
If you wish to apply:
- Please submit your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For all queries about the position, please contact Quinn, Brenda or Danielle on 1800 833 130.
Tradewind Australia is an equal opportunities employer.
People with a lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.