- Full Time
- Working across Lilydale/Belgrave/Yarra Ranges
- Fixed Term Contract to Dec 2022
We are currently recruiting for a Youth Worker for Inspiro in their Integrated Youth Health Hub.
This is an opportunity to be part of a new and exciting program that has a wraparound approach providing the opportunity for young people to address any concerns they have around their health.
- Work in partnership with key service providers to engage vulnerable young people and deliver co-ordinated activities and support.
- Provide information, supported referral and advocacy for young people.
- Encourage and support young people in acknowledging barriers especially those that hinder service support.
- Work closely with IYHH Case Managers and Clinical Staff as necessary
- Maintain high quality case files, case notes and information related to outcome indicators for the service.
You must have:
- Qualifications in Youth Work or a related discipline.
- Exceptional ability to engage and communicate to groups of people, tailoring communication to suit a specific target group or age range
- Ability to organise and implement community engagement activities
- Demonstrated understanding of the challenges and experiences of young people from diverse backgrounds including young people who are culturally and linguistically diverse, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and LGBTIQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex or questioning)
You will also have or be willing to obtain a Police Check, a Working with Children's Check, and be able to provide 2 professional referees.
A little bit about the organisation:
Inspiro is a local, non-for profit health service providing allied health, counselling, dental and health promotion services to the Yarra Ranges community working with a vision to inspire healthier lives.
A little bit about the Integrated Youth Health Hub:
The purpose of the IYHH is to provide young people aged 12 to 25 years and families/carers with improved access to primary health care, community and social services, service coordination and integration. Young people who are at-risk, disadvantaged and with complex needs are a priority for service access, specifically ensuring young people with mental ill health are well supported.
The IYHH is underpinned by six key principles:
- Responsive to Need;
- Safe and Inclusive;
- Collaborative and integrated with shared accountability; and
- Evidence informed, quality care.
The hours of work are flexible by agreement. To respond to program requirements (particularly the provision of outreach services) the position holder must have the capacity to work weekday evenings as part of a roster, and on occasional weekends. These responsibilities are to be shared across the team
How to apply:
- Simply click apply now or follow the link provided
- Fill in as much detail as you can on the application form and upload your resume
- Contact the office directly if you have any queries regarding your application however, please allow some time for your application to be processed
- If you would like more information about the role, please email email@example.com or phone 03 9081 0559
Join the Tradewind team and apply now!
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
1800 989 025