- Full-time position
- Located in Footscray
- Work with a supportive management team
We are currently recruiting for a suitably qualified Engagement Worker who identifies as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to work within the Victims Assistance Program for CoHealth.
The role requires you to provide specialist responses to victims of violent crime including intake and brief intervention, case management, (brokered) counselling services and community education.
- Work together with local Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander organisations to participate in community engagement activities
- Provide trauma informed case management to victims of violent crime, particularly those of a serious and/or complex nature.
- Build effective relationships with the client's family and significant others
- Provide psyco-education to victims, police and the community
- Undertake Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander VAP specific activates
- Run promotional, training and professional development activates marketing the VAP program with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community
- Support and advise VAP so the program is culturally competent and meets the needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- Provide ethical, professional and responsible goal-directed, trauma-informed and client-centred case management to victims of crime - particularly those of a serious and/or complex nature as well as case management to 'related victims' of homicide.
- Maintain case notes and reports to ensure accuracy
To be considered for this position, it is essential you have the following:
- Bachelor qualification in Social Work or an equivalent health related discipline
- Case management and casework experience with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients
- Knowledge & experience understanding what's important for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people affected by crime.
- Minimum 5 years' experience working within health & social services sector
- A high level of assessment skills
- Strong analytical and written communication skills
- Can work in a fast paced environment with complex patient needs
- Be willing to undergo police and working with children checks
- Drivers licence
Only Indigenous Australians are eligible to apply as this position is exempt under the Special Measure Provision, Section 12 (1) of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic).
Why work with Tradewind?
Tradewind Australia is Melbourne's leading agency recruiting for the Social Services sector. We pride ourselves on the strong and long-standing relationships we have formed with our clients and candidates.
How to apply:
- Follow the link provided (or visit our website and click contact us, then apply now)
- Fill in as much detail as you can on the application form and upload your resume
- Contact the office directly if you have any queries regarding your application however, please allow some time for your application to be processed
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
1800 989 025