About the Role:
Calling all passionate Secondary English/Hums educators! Tradewind is excited to collaborate with an F-9 school in Tarneit, working with students in years 7-9, teaching English and Humanities, starting in Term 1, in a full-time ongoing opportunity.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive English/Humanities curriculum aligned with Victorian curriculum, covering various topics such as literature, writing, grammar, history, geography, and social studies.
- Create engaging and differentiated lesson plans that cater to diverse learning styles and abilities, incorporating a combination of lectures, discussions, activities, and projects to enhance students' understanding and critical thinking skills.
- Encourage students to think critically, analyse information, evaluate evidence, and draw informed conclusions about humanities topics and issues. Promote inquiry-based learning and research skills to develop students' intellectual curiosity and independent thinking.
- Collaborate with colleagues in English, history, geography, and other humanities disciplines to create interdisciplinary projects, units, and activities that integrate multiple subject areas and foster cross-curricular connections.
- Engage in continuous professional development activities to stay updated on best practices in humanities education, teaching methodologies, curriculum developments, and technology integration. Attend workshops, seminars, and conferences relevant to humanities teaching.
Skills & Experience:
- Must have unrestricted working rights in Australia
- Must have a valid and up-to-date VIT registration
- Previous experience in teaching secondary advantageous
- Ability to provide contact details for two education-based references from within the last 5 years (student-teacher mentors are acceptable).
- Flexible start this term- (Term 1) with a full-time, permanent position
- Providing guidance to students in grades 7-9 alongside a supportive teaching team
- Collaborating with leadership that is approachable and transparent
- Salary reflecting demonstrated expertise and dedication
- About 2400 students spanning from Foundation to Year 9
- Classes organized in a straight format with designated learning Specialists, mentors, and coaches
- Abundant opportunities for professional advancement and skill development
- Collaborative team planning and supportive collegial structures
Why work with Tradewind?
- Work with an organisation that is relentless in securing quality opportunities in a personalised way
- Relevant and real information about roles
- No joining fees/other fees
- Resume and Key Selection Criteria assistance
- Interview tips and preparation provided
- Professional development by two Principal mentors on a consistent basis
Tradewind Australia is a specialist, education recruitment agency and is the preferred supplier of teachers for many schools across the greater Melbourne / Victoria region. We have a strong reputation for providing high-calibre teachers with fantastic contract opportunities and helping them to pursue rewarding careers. Our aim is to cultivate an excellent ongoing relationship with you throughout your growing career.
How to apply:
To apply, follow the link provided or apply on our website
For any queries regarding the position or application process, contact the Education Permanent Team on (03) 9110-0091
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and people with disability and lived experience to apply.
We welcome applications from people who reflect the diversity of the organisations we partner with, and the people they support. We encourage