- Coordinate recruitment, training and support for Foster Carers
- Full-time, ongoing contract
- Work with a leading Not for Profit in Warrnambool
We are looking for an Engagement Team Coordinator to promote and raise awareness of the Foster Care Program with a reputable non-profit organisation in the South West Coast. You will be responsible for recruitment, training, and providing support to the caregivers to ensure quality care to children and young people who are unable to live with their families.
- Support & mentor Foster Care staff in their practice with carer assessments, training, engagement and completing annual reviews
- Develop in conjunction with the team manager and engagement team the annual engagement strategy and ensure the strategy is implemented to a high standard
- Lead the implementation of delivering the Shared Lives training package to new carers
- Lead and coordinate the assessment of new carers vis the Step by Step process
- Coordinate, implement and undertake annual carer reviews ensuring staff are complying with standards & legislation
- Network & collaborate with a broad range of services to ensure an integrated service response to children & youth in foster care along with having robust networks to increase recruitment opportunities
You must have:
- Minimum Diploma level qualification in Social Work, Community Services or related discipline
- Training in Shared Lives and Step by Step, or a willingness to complete this training if successful
- Demonstrated understanding of working with volunteer caregivers and the associated challenges
- Demonstrated understanding of the child protection system and its role in the service system and a working knowledge of the practice frameworks and models relevant to working in out of home care, particularly in relation to carer assessment
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to facilitate a team approach to achieve service objectives
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with a diverse range of clients
Why work with Tradewind?
Tradewind Australia is Melbourne's leading growing agency recruiting for the Social Services sector. We pride ourselves on the strong and long-standing relationships we have formed with our clients and candidates.
- Your own consultant who will work hard to secure you the right roles for your skill set
- Access to roles offered exclusively through Tradewind
- Flexible hours improving your work/life balance
- No joining fees
How to apply:
- Follow the link provided (or visit our website and click contact us, then apply now)
- Contact the office directly if you have any queries regarding your application however, please allow some time for your application to be processed
- If you would like more information about the roles, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1800 989 025 and ask for Heather
Join the Tradewind team and apply now!
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
1800 989 025