About the Role:
An exceptional opportunity is available for a committed Food Technology teacher to join a newly established school set to open in Truganina in Term 1. Flexible Term start, this full time position caters to approximately 1200 students from years 7 to 10 across two local campuses. The school is welcoming to both novice educators and those with extensive experience, providing dedicated learning coaching and state-of-the-art kitchen facilities across two adjacent campuses. We are currently accepting applications, and interviews are scheduled to commence at the earliest convenience.
- Work with other to develop a comprehensive food technology curriculum in alignment with educational standards and objectives for students in years 7 and 10.
- Create engaging and informative lesson plans that cover various aspects of food technology, including cooking techniques, nutrition, and food safety.
- Instruct students on proper food safety and hygiene practices, emphasizing the importance of maintaining a clean and safe kitchen environment.
- Teach students how to safely and effectively use kitchen equipment, including ovens, stovetops, knives, and other culinary tools.
- Integrate nutrition education into the curriculum, educating students about the nutritional value of foods and promoting healthy eating habits.
- Stay updated on current trends in the food industry, incorporating relevant and contemporary practices into the curriculum.
- Establish and maintain a positive and organized learning environment in the kitchen, managing student behaviour effectively.
- Collaborate with other food technology teachers, to enhance the overall culinary education experience.
Skills & Experience:
- Completed relevant Qualifications in Education
- Maintain a valid and up-to-date VIT registration
- Have unrestricted working rights in Australia
- Demonstrate previous experience in teaching secondary Food Technology
- Ability to provide contact details for two education-based references from within the last 5 years (student-teacher mentors are acceptable).
- Teaching Food technology to students in years 7 and 10
- Join a school community that is actively growing and evolving
- Commence January 2024
- Receiving a salary commensurate with your demonstrated expertise, within the range of $75,000 to $115,000
- Two large campuses, within Truganina
- Approachable management team and smaller team structure
- Brand new facilities and stocked kitchens
- Collaborative planning model with professional development opportunities
Why work with Tradewind?
- Work with an organisation that is relentless in securing quality opportunities in a personalised way
- Relevant and real information about roles
- No joining fees/other fees
- Resume and Key Selection Criteria assistance
- Interview tips and preparation provided
- Professional development by two Principal mentors on a consistent basis
Tradewind Australia is a specialist, education recruitment agency and is the preferred supplier of teachers for many schools across the greater Melbourne / Victoria region. We have a strong reputation for providing high-caliber teachers with fantastic contract opportunities and helping them to pursue rewarding careers. Our aim is to cultivate an excellent ongoing relationship with you throughout your growing career.
How to apply:
To apply, follow the link provided or apply on our website
For any queries regarding the position or application process, contact the Education Permanent Team on (03) 9110-0091
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
We welcome applications from people who reflect the diversity of the organisations we partner with, and the people they support. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and people with disability and lived experience to apply.