Tradewind are working with a Secondar school oriented in Taylor's Lakes, situated in the Western suburbs of Melbourne, offering a 7-10 Japanese position in a full time, 12 month contract. With approximately 1400 students ranging from years 7-12, this school offers a fantastic opportunity to be an integral part of a dynamic school community. The institution is welcoming to both new graduates and seasoned teachers, offering learning coaching and access to exceptional resources.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive Japanese language curriculum in alignment with the Vic Curriculum, incorporating speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills.
- Create engaging and culturally relevant lesson plans that cater to students' language proficiency levels and encourage active participation.
- Provide effective and accurate instruction in Japanese grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, and conversational skills.
- Integrate Japanese culture, traditions, and customs into language lessons to provide students with a holistic understanding of the language.
- Design assessments to measure students' language proficiency, ensuring fair and constructive feedback for improvement.
- Incorporate technology, multimedia, and online resources to enhance language learning and make lessons more interactive.
- Engage in continuous professional development to stay updated on language teaching methodologies, educational trends, and cultural developments related to Japan.
- Collaborate with other language teachers, colleagues, and the wider school community to enhance language education and promote cross-cultural understanding.
Skills & Experience:
- Completed relevant Qualifications in Education
- Maintain a valid and up-to-date VIT registration
- Have unrestricted working rights in Australia
- Demonstrate previous experience in Japanese LOTE, highly valued
- Ability to provide contact details for two education-based references from within the last 5 years (student-teacher mentors are acceptable).
- Inspire the minds of students in grades 7-10 with your fervour for teaching!
- Kick off an exciting chapter in January 2024, initiating a captivating and rewarding academic year.
- Your expertise is highly valued, and you'll be generously rewarded with a competitive salary ranging from $75,000 to $115,000, a testament to your demonstrated excellence/experience in the field
- Nestled in the heart of Taylor's Lakes with easy access to public transport (buses)
- Enjoy the friendly atmosphere fostered by an approachable management team and smaller team structures.
- Engage in collaborative planning using our innovative model, with exciting professional development opportunities on the horizon.
Why work with Tradewind?
- Work with an organisation that is relentless in securing quality opportunities in a personalised way
- Relevant and real information about roles
- No joining fees/other fees
- Resume and Key Selection Criteria assistance
- Interview tips and preparation provided
- Professional development by two Principal mentors on a consistent basis
Tradewind Australia is a specialist, education recruitment agency and is the preferred supplier of teachers for many schools across the greater Melbourne / Victoria region. We have a strong reputation for providing high-caliber teachers with fantastic contract opportunities and helping them to pursue rewarding careers. Our aim is to cultivate an excellent ongoing relationship with you throughout your growing career.
How to apply:
To apply, follow the link provided or apply on our website
For any queries regarding the position or application process, contact the Education Permanent Team on (03) 9110-0091
TRADEWIND AUSTRALIA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.
We welcome applications from people who reflect the diversity of the organisations we partner with, and the people they support. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and people with disability and lived experience to apply